Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sig Sauer Whiskey 5 3X15X44 first impressions. (Read 1347 times)
WHITEBAIT

No, I'm not a good shot,
but I shoot often.

Sig Sauer Whiskey 5 3X15X44 first impressions.
Dec 10th, 2017 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Gday, know its been a while, but I thought Id try to flick up a quick review of my newest addition to my hunting rig.

Went to Shooter Supplies (Christchurch) mid last week with a bit of tin burning a hole in my pocket.
Found their service to be well above expectations, as they managed not only to source the scope I was keen on, but to also source a set of optilocks at a moments notice. So I could sight in my rifle over the weekend, for a week long hunting trip in Whanganui.

Found the performance of the scope spot on. Was able to zero the rifle in with only three shots.
I subsequently did the square test (adjust to hit the four corners of the target) to be flawless.
Mechanically the turret design, variable adjustment, parallax,  were all very positive.
Its the first time I've ever used an illuminated recital, with cant display. And found it really beneficial, I reckon it may of even improved my shooting to a degree.
With bugger all to do for the day apart from throw some lead down range, I decided to take it out further down range onto some steel gongs. Had three setup at three four and five hundred meters. The setup did its part, I faltered at times with the distance, but realized soon enough my shooting was off, not my adjustments.

This took me into dusk for the day, from which I was able to get a good understanding of the build quality of the glass. I wasn't disappointed. I had a Zeiss Conquest HD 3X15 and a Nikkon Prostaff, and a leupold VX5 to compare. To my eye (and not my mate with the leupold  Wink) the Whiskey was a wee bit clearer a low light.

I haven't been able to get my head around uploading pics yet. But I will throw up a quick YouTube link so your on the same wave length

Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNqMo3m7TtI

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
AIM  
IP Logged

X-POACHER-YEAH RYT
Donor Member

Have you ever hunted Middle
Earth?

Re: Sig Sauer Whiskey 5 3X15X44 first impressions.
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Interesting bit of glass, thanks for reporting your experience with it.
I found that an illuminated reticle helped me in lower light conditions also.  Wink

Get as close as you can, then get a bit closer.

IP Logged

270DM
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Never heard of them but look bloody good, firedot reticle, level indicator. Japanese glass?

IP Logged

Matt-JC
Donor Member

Hunting & Mtbing

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Very cool anti-cant..

Great looking scope.

What is the actual weight of it ?

Cheers

there is always plenty of time for procrastination.

IP Logged

Cambo
Forum Font

Life is natures way of
keeping meat fresh

Reply #4 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
I've just put a 3-15x52 on my 20tac
Very nice bit of kit!!!

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards