Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hansford's new rant (Read 2981 times)
Marty Foote
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Hansford's new rant
Dec 10th, 2017 at 9:17am
Print Post  
You may remember Dave Hansford as the guy that wrote the pro-1080 propaganda book countering "The Third Wave".

This latest rant of his is trying to get the townies to believe that all us hunters are all rabid, gun carrying, violent, anti-1080 moronic, idiots.

Makes my comments about the 1080 gravy train look pretty tame even if some people don't think I should even mention the words "1080 gravy train".

https://thespinoff.co.nz/science/06-12-2017/blood-will-fall-the-bush-rambos-at-w
ar-with-1080/

IP Logged

Ackley

Re: Hansford's new rant
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
This guy make you sound quite reasonable by comparison Marty

IP Logged

Backcountry Bob
Donor Member

Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
I think it's the sort of reaction expected after the Sika release and the threats to DOC and their staff.
These people are doing genuine hunters a grave disservice. How can hunters as a group have any credibility when some of them are doing things like this?
Whatever you think of Dave Hansford he is a widely published columnist and author. He's the sort of author who needs to be publishing positive stories about hunting and hunters.

IP Logged

EC
Forum Font

Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
That chappy needs a good smack around the ear.

Wrinkles are the map of your soulful journey,,,you'd be lost without them,,

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Backcountry Bob wrote on Dec 10th, 2017 at 2:58pm:
I think it's the sort of reaction expected after the Sika release and the threats to DOC and their staff.
These people are doing genuine hunters a grave disservice. How can hunters as a group have any credibility when some of them are doing things like this?
Whatever you think of Dave Hansford he is a widely published columnist and author. He's the sort of author who needs to be publishing positive stories about hunting and hunters.

I agree. I read nothing in his article that hunters haven't brought onto themselves and the story had a ring of legitimacy about it given some of the things that hunters have said, done and suggested in the so called name of anti 1080. His assessment of the mental state of the worst protagonists was not far off the mark either.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

Max
Donor Member

Reply #5 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
BC wrote on Dec 10th, 2017 at 8:36pm:
Backcountry Bob wrote on Dec 10th, 2017 at 2:58pm:

I agree. I read nothing in his article that hunters haven't brought onto themselves and the story had a ring of legitimacy about it given some of the things that hunters have said, done and suggested in the so called name of anti 1080. His assessment of the mental state of the worst protagonists was not far off the mark either.

Even the bit about Sika competing with Kokako for the same food, BC?

I entirely agree that the nutbars who have conducted the Taranaki campaign hove done themselves and the wider hunting fraternity a lot of harm, but this chap is reasonably well along the (albeit opposite end) of the same continuum, in my view.

IP Logged

WHITEBAIT

No, I'm not a good shot,
but I shoot often.

Reply #6 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Agree with BC. Hes calling the widening divide bang on the mark here.

We as the hunting community really need to dispel the tin foil NWO nut jobs quickly, before we really start loosing our credibility.   

I heard Allan the other day on the radio, and was really proud of the logical empathetic discussion he had with the interviewer.

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
AIM  
IP Logged

Marty Foote
Forum Senior

Reply #7 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 5:37am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Backcountry Bob
Donor Member

Reply #8 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 6:41am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #9 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
This latest rant of his is trying to get the townies to believe that all us hunters are all rabid, gun carrying, violent, anti-1080 moronic, idiots.

To quote hansford, some of the stuff the antis get up to..........
Quote:
released “at least 30” sika into the formerly deer-free tracts in reprisal for the Department’s use of 1080. They promised more would join them until the Department stopped using the poison.
staffer’s vehicle had a window smashed in. Weeks before, a wheel flew off a pest control contractor’s vehicle after the nuts had been undone. Checks revealed two other vehicles had been sabotaged. Prior to that, DOC went to the police after someone left 1080 baits in an employee’s letter box.
… WORLD-WIDE DIRECT ACTION MEANS THE DESTRUCTION OF ANY TARGETS AT ANY TIME ANYWHERE BY ANY MEANS AVAILABLE TARGETS MAY INCLUDE, ANY DOC STRUCTURES, .VEHICLES OFFICES OR SENIOR DOC OFFICERS PRIVATE PROPERTY, ANY FIRMS OR CONTRACTORS WHO PROFIT FROM TOXIC 1080 USE HELICOPTER COMPANIES THAT SPREAD THE SHIT TO THOSE WHO CART IT AND LAY IT
“a war like no other”.  “these hunters have more guns than you or the police. We are going to bring you bastards to your knees. We will take down helicopters who support 1080 drops. We will take down people one by one, blood will fall. Watch this happen.”
; a network of saboteurs in milk plants and abattoirs ready to slip a few 1080 pellets into the country’s primary exports.
: the gunpoint hijacking of a helicopter by Chris Short in 1995; the bungled kidnap plot of anti-1080 activist and lawyer John Burrett in 2002. l chronology of assaults on committed environmentalists, like the beating of Coromandel kiwi advocate Arthur Hinds in 2011 by Peter Findlay, and more recently,
an assault on a Thames contractor by Graham Sturgeon, who once told the Waikato Times: “1080 is war to us, and there will be no holds barred.”

Claims there is a “It is truly an eco-fundamentalist campaign of such sweeping magnitude, it would make Adolf Hitler look like a timorous wimp.”

and theres plenty more, including the anti facebook pages, where plenty seem to think shooting down helicopters is a good thing, along with daily looney rants

yep, definitely seem like a bunch of rabid, gun carrying, violent, anti-1080 moronic, idiots. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Donor Member

Reply #10 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
So what if there’s 30 deer in Taranaki.
Who cares!
They’re not going to eat anything that the thousands of goats arent already eating!
A resident population of Sika might get some hunters in there, and they can thin the goats while they are there.

What this guy Hansford says is pretty much nail on head for how the disconnected city folk see hunters.
I was talking to one not long ago about hunting. Mentioned I had a firearm license and she nearly shit herself! Started looking at my hips trying to find the pistol.
Once I explained to her the regulations around firearms ownership she agreed with me that our rules in NZ are pretty much spot on and that hunting is a healthy sport that maybe more people should do.

IP Logged

Marty Foote
Forum Senior

Reply #11 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Tararua Hunter wrote on Dec 11th, 2017 at 5:53pm:
Quote:

To quote hansford, some of the stuff the antis get up to..........
Quote:
released “at least 30” sika into the formerly deer-free tracts in reprisal for the Department’s use of 1080. They promised more would join them until the Department stopped using the poison.
staffer’s vehicle had a window smashed in. Weeks before, a wheel flew off a pest control contractor’s vehicle after the nuts had been undone. Checks revealed two other vehicles had been sabotaged. Prior to that, DOC went to the police after someone left 1080 baits in an employee’s letter box.
… WORLD-WIDE DIRECT ACTION MEANS THE DESTRUCTION OF ANY TARGETS AT ANY TIME ANYWHERE BY ANY MEANS AVAILABLE TARGETS MAY INCLUDE, ANY DOC STRUCTURES, .VEHICLES OFFICES OR SENIOR DOC OFFICERS PRIVATE PROPERTY, ANY FIRMS OR CONTRACTORS WHO PROFIT FROM TOXIC 1080 USE HELICOPTER COMPANIES THAT SPREAD THE SHIT TO THOSE WHO CART IT AND LAY IT
“a war like no other”.  “these hunters have more guns than you or the police. We are going to bring you bastards to your knees. We will take down helicopters who support 1080 drops. We will take down people one by one, blood will fall. Watch this happen.”
; a network of saboteurs in milk plants and abattoirs ready to slip a few 1080 pellets into the country’s primary exports.
: the gunpoint hijacking of a helicopter by Chris Short in 1995; the bungled kidnap plot of anti-1080 activist and lawyer John Burrett in 2002. l chronology of assaults on committed environmentalists, like the beating of Coromandel kiwi advocate Arthur Hinds in 2011 by Peter Findlay, and more recently,
an assault on a Thames contractor by Graham Sturgeon, who once told the Waikato Times: “1080 is war to us, and there will be no holds barred.”

Claims there is a “It is truly an eco-fundamentalist campaign of such sweeping magnitude, it would make Adolf Hitler look like a timorous wimp.”

and theres plenty more, including the anti facebook pages, where plenty seem to think shooting down helicopters is a good thing, along with daily looney rants

yep, definitely seem like a bunch of rabid, gun carrying, violent, anti-1080 moronic, idiots. Roll Eyes

And, of course, all of this has been proven, charges laid, prosecutions carried out, sentences passed and the criminals are all locked up in jail?

Sturgeon and his companions accusations of assault and threatening behaviour, by DOC employees, have been fully investigated by Police and the right actions have been taken?

My understanding is that none of these questions have been answered, however, on the say-so of Lou Sanson, anyone that disagrees with DOC's view on the way 1080 is being used is judged guilty, until proved innocent, and this must be the new Law of the Land as all the NZ mainstream media are taking up Lou Sanson's call to arms and is refusing to acknowledge the old Law of the Land that ensures there will be no persecution and hate speech directed at any law abiding minority group of citizens, like the hunting fraternity, who disagree with some of Lou Sanson's opinions.

IP Logged

Max
Donor Member

Reply #12 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Maddoghunter wrote on Dec 11th, 2017 at 6:19pm:
So what if there’s 30 deer in Taranaki.
Who cares!
They’re not going to eat anything that the thousands of goats arent already eating!
A resident population of Sika might get some hunters in there, and they can thin the goats while they are there.

What this guy Hansford says is pretty much nail on head for how the disconnected city folk see hunters.
I was talking to one not long ago about hunting. Mentioned I had a firearm license and Once I explained to her the regulations she nearly shit herself! Started looking at my hips trying to find the pistol.
around firearms ownership she agreed with me that our rules in NZ are pretty much spot on and that hunting is a healthy sport that maybe more people should do.

Hope you didn't disappoint her MDH? I don't think any woman has ever looked at my hips trying to find my pistol, so I'd settle for that if I was you!  Smiley

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #13 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Your missing the point Marty
Apart from Sturgeon, wasn't the rest of it isn't fact?. quoting rantings form social media?

You have one standard for the anti camp, and another for the pest agencies
as usual, when DOc etc make allegations, its either conspiracies, fake news etc, and denial the culprits arr the antis

Proven fact or not, the Anti 1080 movement have managed (over the last 50 years ) show from their behaviour they have no credibility with the rest of kiwis.
And hunters have managed to get themselves aligned with the extreme lot, willingly or not

The damage is done, and Handsford is credible to most kiwis and will be believed
some of what he wrote isn't that accurate, but he still has credibility with the people that matte
Social media has probably shown the rest of the country, just how lacking in credibility the antis are

Don't expect the new minister of conservation to take too much notice of hunters, if it doesn't suit her

And does this matter to hunters?
it should

Anyone else trying to improve hunting has their job much harder, thanks to the reputation hunters have got for themselves

NZDA and president Bill O'leary get slagged off in here, by being too weak
what they appear to be trying to do, is retrieve hunters credibility, by trying to actually work with DOC etc, instead of continually being seen to throw their toys out of the cot.
Theyrve taken the view on 1080, that its pointless to fight it, best to get the least kill of Game possible rather than get nothing. its clear that that approach does have a lot of support

Some hunting groups have actually made progress in working with DOC and Ospri, despite the damage the looney fringe have done

BTW, read the NZHunter mag editorial about the sika releases. theyre convinced it happened. so are the Game Council

But keep it up with the denial.
its got hunters no where and always will

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #14 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Ive put in an Official Information Act request to DOC... be interesting to see what comes of it.... so far I have seen nothing nor has the press to confirm any of this....
Guys Facebook is nuts and the comments on facebook are just horrific and from many deranged people..there are some good ones but they are swamped by the loonies......as far as I'm concerned its all poison ....

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards