Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Aliexpress Range Finders? (Read 1268 times)
Kezza
Donor Member

See It, Shoot It, Eat
It

Aliexpress Range Finders?
Dec 7th, 2017 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Has anyone used any of the range finders on Aliexpress? for $100 they sound all right...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Genuine-SNDWAY-SW-900A-5-900M-2952ft-Digital-6x-...

If it is there, It's there to be climbed !

IP Logged

blackgear nz
Donor Member

Custom thermoforming knife
sheaths

Re: Aliexpress Range Finders?
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Don't do it!

Who knows they may be ok but as you know you get what you pay for! I use my range finder for mostly long range use so a good brand is worth the money.

Cheers Dale
instagram - Blackgearnz

Instagram blackgear nz

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:22am
Print Post  
I brought this one and it's not shit.  Goes out to 800m.  Optics aren't awesome and there is no compensation for shooting up or downhill but it does work.

https://www.kogan.com/nz/buy/800m-laser-rangefinder/

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

Seven
Just Joined

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Got one. Use it. Useful tool for very small outlay. Compared with expensive brand in the field. Was exactly the same until 500m plus. Then out by approx 5%. I have never considered shooting that far anyway!! I lack the skill and gear to do that.
Also useful for dropping trees in tight spaces. Can tell you the height and distance away...

IP Logged

Deer Whisperer

Talk the deer to death

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Prob better than not having one as it will be more accurate measuring distance than your eyes even if 5% out.
Personally though if budget can extend another $100 you can get a Bushnell Scout 1000 arc and mine has been great...mate has one also and both give readings within 2metres of each othet if not bang on out past 500m...

IP Logged

elcaro
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Looks like a different housing to mine but the display looks the same. Mine was around $60 when I got it and it seems good out to around 400m. I'm happy I got mine so if that's your budget is probably okay.

IP Logged

Sayonara
Donor Member

Always ready to learn

Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
MassiveAttack wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:22am:
I brought this one and it's not shit.  Goes out to 800m.  Optics aren't awesome and there is no compensation for shooting up or downhill but it does work.

https://www.kogan.com/nz/buy/800m-laser-rangefinder/

Got one of those.  Cheap as and was OK till I got it wet after a fall in to a river.   Still works, just don't trust it and despite it being an 800 metre unit there's nothing I've tried it on that will get a reading that far.
Good for about 350 max on fur or hair.
Bought a Voretex 850 that got replaced under warranty after I fell (Yes, again) and smashed a hole in the side of it and the agents (Extravision Australia) replaced it with a new 1200 m unit which is exceptional.

You can have my Kogan for $100.  Used for 1 month and not since.  You will need a waterproof bag because even though they advertise them as waterproof that ACTUALLY means spit and snot proof.  Generally.

IP Logged

264Magic
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #7 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
i never range an animal just the area around them

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards