Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dead Hares (Read 485 times)
Flaxey
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Dead Hares
Dec 5th, 2017 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Over the weekend I found 4 dead hares on the track above Rangi Hut. Any ideas on how they died and how they came to be on the track?. Doc wont give me an answer.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Re: Dead Hares
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Far as Im aware Hares are very picky and only eat the finest of herbs. Desto very hard to poison them if not impossible.

Possibly a virus of some kind, everything has viral or bacterial weaknesses.

The only other thing I could think of is poisoned water, or a single dose of lead poisoning.   Roll Eyes

European Brown Hares, which i understand are our Hares, have been proven susceptible to variations of the virus that is planned to be introduced here in a few months. I say variations because we will be releasing the K5 variation, which has not jumped species as yet, but another european variation has been shown in Spain to kill hares also.

As I understand it from media reports , that virus was released illegally in Australia.

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Rugerman
Donor Member

Bow Wow

Re: Dead Hares
Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Most likely hares out of Aunties' bikini line I would think. they would all be dead wouldn't they   Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards