Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Eberlestock: Just One (Read 197 times)
Pete82
Donor Member

Aren't we lucky?

Eberlestock: Just One
Dec 5th, 2017 at 6:01am
Print Post  
Anyone has this?

http://www.eberlestock.com/store/just-one-backpack

I got H2 Gunrunner and I am very, very happy with it but its a bit small for multiday trips so thinking about something bigger. For almost $800 there will have to be a bit of well prepared explaining to do to my missus  Grin

Any comments/reviews would be much appreciated!

Warm beer is worst than cold woman!

Brno ZKK 600 in .270

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Eberlestock: Just One
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 6:36am
Print Post  
had one, used it 3 Or 4 times over 3 years then sold it. found the straps highly uncomfortable with any half decent load of meat on, too many zips to get damaged in the scrub, the mesh is easily mangled when the packs expanded and the scabbard I found was a waste of time and space.

IMO I would only rate this pack for an armed tramp on a walking track they cant stand up to any abuse and the thought of having those horrible straps on my shoulders still makes me shudder  Cry

IP Logged

Pete82
Donor Member

Aren't we lucky?

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 6:33am
Print Post  
Cheer GH for your input, I read some good one and bad ones on Amazon but one cannot be sure what sort of people in what conditions have been using them eh?

I found scabbard on H2 to be pretty good, rifle can be pulled out very quickly though! Pack is so far doing great job so I thought that another one to "my collection" would be good idea. Perhaps I should stick to my 20 years old backpack for bigger trips  Cool

Warm beer is worst than cold woman!

Brno ZKK 600 in .270

IP Logged

Philipo
Forum Font

Still waiting for my Section-Eight

Reply #3 - yesterday at 8:51pm
Print Post  
While not the best "do everything" pack they are a great tops or south Island ( Tahr / Chammie ) hunting pack, they are quite heavy but farken bullet proof & carry weight very well, you just need to learn the best way to load em up ( personal preference ) for how / what you hunt. The scabbard is handy when you need both hands or using an ice axe but the straps can be a pain in the arse though.

Pitty I only just seen this as there was a fulla selling a basically new one on the other forum for $450 including an insert, personally I wouldn't pay $800 for one ( I got mine at a good price ) so shop around  Smiley

Shoot it, root it & BBQ it !!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards