Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic BP week (Read 219 times)
Jimbag
Forum Font

BP week
Dec 4th, 2017 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Its one year since I posted about the season opener for BP my 2016 message is still on the board. This year I have 4 days at the camp to give it a go. The deer hunting so far this year has been the pits. To date our deer in Ont. have been completely nocturnal the weather has not turned cold yet they can get all the fuel they need with just the night feeding and are staying in the bush during shooting light. Well we will see what happens in the next four days. Take care and be well. Jim

IP Logged

Jimbag
Forum Font

Re: BP week my 4 days are up
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Four days at the camp with my buddy Dave are up with no success. First night a nice 8 point buck came out at 5 mins to dark about 125 yds away missed. Second day early morning a fawn came 40 yds missed. Third day Dave and I sat in the same ground hut at 3:13 Two deer came running up the fence line at full throttle Dave put his  gun out the window not seeing them at first. A nice doe and fawn at about 125 yds fired and missed as we both watched two white fags wave to us a good bye. Lessons learned sight my BP in at a longer distance and shoot it more often or don't use it at all. I think the first option may work. This past week we had a skiff of snow one night the ground not frozen its like late sept. Definitely not normal fall early winter weather. First time in years no veni for the freezer. Cheers to all keep your stick on the ice.

IP Logged

Ackley

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: BP week
Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 8:15am
Print Post  
That's disappointing Jimbag but you can't blame the deer for your lack of veni on the ground Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards