Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic theiving mongrels (Read 541 times)
Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

theiving mongrels
Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
in early hours of this morning a vechile pulled up in camping area we were in beside lake opuha,I heard 2 doors being shut before they left. got up this morning just after sunrise to go for a fish and my old reliable telescopic rod has been flogged from out of my boat....
its a beat up P.O.S. buts its me favourite rod (found it in mud in bottom of lake years back and restored it) have caught close to a hundy trout on it so it owes me nothing,the real cost me $50 and was a goodun...the spare spool sitting in my tackle box not much use to me anymore Cry Cry
if any of you fellas spot a silstar tele rod with mismatched eyelets bound up with cotton and burgendy nail varnish,feel free to kick someone in the nut sack if they get all shifty like when you ask where they got it Angry Angry
just dont make same mistake we did guys...keep everything locked up as boat hundy yards from your tent isnt safe anymore Angry Angry

IP Logged

jakkos
Forum Senior

There is one stop after
the trigger is pulled

Re: theiving mongrels
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Know the feeling mate. Had all my rods and reels taken from my boat when it was parked in my drive at the beach. My dog barked a couple of times. i went to the door and saw my neighbours light come on and thought they had just come home. had heard a noise and heard my dog bark and so thought it was me. Sad Undecided

be good...And careful

IP Logged

el_trout_whisperer
Forum Senior

Embracing nature's beat
down with Spartan reserve

Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
That sucks mate, sorry for your loss. I will have a moment of silence as a tribute.

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #3 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Grin Grin Grin
the local trout are probably having a party Grin Grin

IP Logged

Alex M
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
That's a real shame. I have camped at Lake Opuha a few times and have met some really nice people there but have also met a few quite rude people. Someone I was speaking to there had his caravan vandalised while he was on the lake fishing for the day. It's a shame but I guess you have to be a little bit careful there.

IP Logged

GDMP
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #5 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 8:25am
Print Post  
Been there, done that (had a fishing rod and reel flogged),you can't leave anything visible or not locked away nowadays, sad commentary on our country but simple reality.

IP Logged

el_trout_whisperer
Forum Senior

Embracing nature's beat
down with Spartan reserve

Reply #6 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
GDMP wrote on Dec 10th, 2017 at 8:25am:
Been there, done that (had a fishing rod and reel flogged),you can't leave anything visible or not locked away nowadays, sad commentary on our country but simple reality.

Things are still fairly safe 20km up a valley (touch wood). Seems that long walks weed out the scumbags.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards