Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) record numbers of rabbits about . (Read 6209 times)
rabbiter
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: record numbers of rabbits about .
Reply #60 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
I fired over 500 rounds of .22 ammo,and two belts of shot gun rounds in arrowtown over the weekend ,most of the .22 rounds were used on 4 small road side paddocks .Id do a round shoot 30/40 then into the next paddock ,then id go do it all again .They are living in the banks & long grass on the road edges & more would arrive out.Most were silly younger rabbits up to 3/4 grown ,& just a plain murder up. I did wondered where the older rabbits were hiding ,so I checked out a five hole warren in a paddock Id been over quite a number of times .I popped a ferret in next morning and surprise surprise out popped 5 big adult rabbits .Any  doe 2/3rds grown is carrying kits ......They certainly have got a roll on & it seems the weather suits  flies ,fleas and rabbits & Id have to admit the rabbit, at least at the moment is ....king !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards