Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Poll
Poll closed Question: How much would you be willing to pay yearly for "Wild game license"?
bars   pie
*** This poll has now closed ***

nothing at all, its been always for free!    
  84 (52.8%)
$50    
  12 (7.5%)
$100    
  44 (27.7%)
$200    
  15 (9.4%)
$300    
  2 (1.3%)
more than $300    
  2 (1.3%)

Total votes: 159
« Created by: Pete82 on: Nov 28th, 2017 at 6:33am »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Wild game license (Read 2255 times)
Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Re: Wild game license
Reply #15 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 6:29am
Print Post  
yes I would pay say $300 a year PROVIDED it was all encompassing eg overrode gamebird and sportsfish as we already pay more than $200 a season to have them both....we havent been able to get them combined so cant see the bean counters letting it all be lumped into one.
how to police it is always going to be an issue,current F&G policies dont sit well with me as it makes it plurry near impossible for volenteer to range effectively...the H&S card has been played...

IP Logged

madfish71
Donor Member

243 rules!!

Reply #16 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 7:30am
Print Post  
Wouldnt waste my money if it was going to a 1080 fight, DOC do as they wish and wont listen.Early stages 50 percent oppose a fee and thats forum members who tend to want more of a say etc.
The ones that just go out and hunt for what ever reason that dont belong on forums or get caught up in the polictics( the biggest percentage im sure) will be against a fee.
Hunters spend enough money now on their sport, pay for huts , all the gear, travel etc etc and the ones that hunt public land why should they pay a fee compared to anyone else that uses public land, ie horse riders, trampers, climber etc.
Heaps hunt on private land, cant expect them to pay for a licence to hunt on their own land or mates can you.
Policing it would be a joke, so i dont agree paying a cent for any type of licence end of.

Better of joining one group, ie NZDA where you paid a fee and in numbers you can use the money to try and get what you want and other benifits from joining such a group.
Some suggesting paying tax on ammo , gear etc must have too much money....fuk off.
A big percentage of hunters dont even get a permit, and thats FREE.
In 26 years ive never been asked for one, but i have always had one.
Yip, wouldnt paid a cent for a hunting licence and fight it all the way.
Just voicing which i suspect would be well over 70 percent of hunters when it comes to paying more money .

IP Logged

madfish71
Donor Member

243 rules!!

Reply #17 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 7:33am
Print Post  
But of cause its fine if you which to support and fund something, but its your choice, not forced on you and i may cough up something if the cause was right and worth it, but a licence fee....no way

IP Logged

Oscar
Donor Member

Let Us Prey

Reply #18 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Do you reckon we should get rid of gamebird and fishing licences, madfish?

Herbs before herbivores

Not all those who wander are lost

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #19 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Oscar wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 9:07am:
Do you reckon we should get rid of gamebird and fishing licences, madfish?

Yep, the cost is just to create jobs and make a few tw*t rangers feel like theyre saving the world. fish or hunt any introduced species should be free.

im all for massive fees and taxes for native stuff like whitebait, eels and extend to paua/ other seafood etc. I think the whole whitebait fisheries thing is disgusting and should be stopped asap

IP Logged

Stagrinon
Donor Member

No pain No gain.

Reply #20 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Amazing how something like whitebaiting where there is huge money involved is completely unregulated, no licences and catch limits.

IP Logged

pope
Donor Member

SAVE A HORSE, ride a cow
girl

Reply #21 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
everyone is entitled to their option about imposing fees, but unless we find common ground and get the money thats needed then be prepared to  kiss our hunting good by. 1080 here's to stay, this latest poison drop at  molesworth station has been happening every where, just look at the area's around nz that we read on this forum ,thats now devoid of deer ,there's still plenty of good areas that hold deer but for how long

look at aussie, for starters, you pay for a hunting licence in nsw and the state of victoria ,there is excellent hunting to be had and no one is complaining.

IP Logged

Marty Foote

Reply #22 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
pope is right in what he says.

What we need in NZ is a wild animal (not pest) management plan.

Right now we have two extremes competing. The pro-1080 people want eradication and the hunters want enough animals to keep meat in the freezer or put trophies on the wall.

The eradication number of animals is easy...zero. There has been work done to identify the numbers of animals needed to allow meat for the freezer and not let the animal numbers become too numerous to cause environmental damage. We need to agree on a number of animals that will suit the environment and the freezer, then work out an management plan that ensures the animal numbers stay within the agreed parameters.

While the zero option is being pushed by government there can no agreement.

The government can be brought to the negotiating table by combining all the elements of the issue, this includes the reasons why 1080 is being used. The key is to promote options that will do the job that 1080 is supposed to be doing which will take 1080 out of the equation as the only wild animal control option available.

This will mean that deer hunters will need to work with people whose primary concern is not deer numbers but can provide alternatives to 1080. The most obvious deer hunter partner is the contract trappers that are doing the job that 1080 is supposed to be doing.

Until all the people, concerned with wild animal management, agree to sit at one table and are prepared to find a solution that provides for the needs of all parties, we will remain in the position of several different parties scrapping with each other and achieving nothing except that dominant idea/s will continue to do what they want at the expense of the others.

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #23 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
pope wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 12:37pm:
everyone is entitled to their option about imposing fees, but unless we find common ground and get the money thats needed then be prepared to  kiss our hunting good by. 1080 here's to stay, this latest poison drop at  molesworth station has been happening every where, just look at the area's around nz that we read on this forum ,thats now devoid of deer ,there's still plenty of good areas that hold deer but for how long

look at aussie, for starters, you pay for a hunting licence in nsw and the state of victoria ,there is excellent hunting to be had and no one is complaining.

devoid of deer? are you friken serious there hasnt been this many deer around for decades so to say 1080 has decimated deer numbers is a load of steaming BS made up by the antis.
yes 1080 does kill SOME deer it knocks herds for sure but then joe hunter gets told that areas stuffed forever 1080 boo hoo blah blah blah and dosent hunt it for a year then poof the dedr have had a low presure breeding year and back to normal/ higher numbers.

im really strugling to see why a small group of whinging hunters seem to be thinking of ways another govt dept/ organisation can take another chunk of my hard earned money.

We should be keeping our heads down, shutting the fark up and go hunting instead of kicking a hornets nest.  id rather miss a deer then get stung in the arse!!!

IP Logged

Pete82
Donor Member

Aren't we lucky?

Reply #24 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Well said Marty!   Cool

Warm beer is worst than cold woman!

Brno ZKK 600 in .270

IP Logged

XRhunter
Donor Member

Reply #25 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
In Marty's ideal world we wouldn't need to pay fees to manage NZ's wild animal numbers. the pest eradication gravy train would be reborn into something far more realistic and attainable, and provide significant work for small rural communities. Scientists who show that current pest control regimes are flawed would be given equal voice as those that currently tow the regime's line. Hunters would be an intimate part of the control function, and would be fed detailed up to date information and supported in their access requirements to maintain numbers of X species at at 'Y' levels. And at night we'll all get around the (artificially lit) campfire and sing kumbayah Cheesy

Oh how I wish Tongue

IP Logged

pope
Donor Member

SAVE A HORSE, ride a cow
girl

Reply #26 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
calm down gonehunting, the only reason the deer numbers are good in certain areas is due to little or no waro
the ruahines is a good example

do you duck shoot ,,if so then it seems you don't mind paying for your licence

i trout fish in taupo i have never had a problem paying for the licence

IP Logged

pope
Donor Member

SAVE A HORSE, ride a cow
girl

Reply #27 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
I don't want to harp on about aussie but if you see the inroads that the sporting shooters association and the shooters and fishers party has done to get the parks and forests opened up to hunting in the state of victoria  is nothing but amazing, the SSAA is the main hunting body in aussie and you have to belong to it if you want to hunt on crown land and shoot in a club, i belong to it because i want to support them even though i don't have a aussie firearms licence

I read an article a few weeks ago that 97000 deer in the last year were shot in victoria alone, out east of victoria they have put up road signs making drivers aware of deer on the roads, the towing companies have been kept busy with crashes involving deer.

They use 180 baits to kill foxes, to get a 1080 licence you have to jump through hoops to obtain one ,when you do get one you have to plot a map of the property and where you lay the baits, the baits have to be buried 10cm in the ground, and the baits marked so when you go back a week later if a fox hasn't dug up the bait then it has to be disposed of, make one wrong move with your licence then say goodby to it.
and yet we dump tonnes annually without a worry in nz,

so the point I'm making of this is by paying for our licence it gives us a voice and having a say in our sport and its shows doc that we are giving a commitment to hunting in Aotearoa

IP Logged

awaterelad
Donor Member

bloody work, i should
be hunting

Reply #28 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
my 2cents worth, 1-just because we havent paid a fee in the past doesnt mean we shouldnt in the future, and 2- i think we are our own worst enemies, by not at least becoming united and being a single voice to fight our corner then we will be ridden over rough shod, if all hunters joined a club or organisation free or otherwise our combined voice would be a force to reckon with, however divided as we are at present we will have very little say in the future of our sport, the few that do shell out with some coin and organisations such as nzda etc will be the few that do future proof access and animals. my final comment would be so long as we are milling around amongst ourselves bitching and moaning or trying not to rock the boat and generally being non proactive then our opinions and voices wont mean a pinch of shit and no one in officaldom will pay us any attention, such as the status quo

IP Logged

madfish71
Donor Member

243 rules!!

Reply #29 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
At least the gamebird  and fishing licence helps promote the  sport  and releases fish etc into the rivers. No one wants the birds and trout poisoned and gone like deer and pigs with doc. So yes Ocsar, i might be prepared to paid for a fish and game licence and support it as it does some good. Paying for a hunting licence is just not the same when you got DOC etc trying to kill all the game animals etc and as hunters we shouldnt be paying to fight a war against dickheads thats money down a pit

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards