Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic First trip to kaimais! (Read 660 times)
Tama
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

First trip to kaimais!
Nov 27th, 2017 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Went for a nice walk up wairere falls on saturday with my mate and his browning xbolt. Learnt the hard way about walking up there mid day with a rifle and packs on. The amount of eyes on ya and asians asking if we are hunters gets a bit annoying so it was great when we got to the top of the falls. It was only about 3pm when we got to the top so we decided to keep on walking. Me and the bro are both amateurs, seeing as ive only shot two deer and hes still after his first. We walked the north south track hoping to reach some higher ground or clearings but it stayed pretty flat and no clearings t for about an hour so we stopped for lunch an walked back down the okete walkway. Found 3 mint clearings with heaps of sign and some fresh shit but as we walked around the corner there were tourists setting up camp for the night which was a bummer. We spooked one animal that we assume was a deer while working our way thru the bush but no luck with putting anything on the ground. Was a sweet walk and good to check out some new country now im even more keen to get some venison. Looking at heading up again this weekend but probably alone since the bros working and no one else I know goes hunting but hopefully ill get something. Anyone know of any areas that would be a bit easier hunting than wairere falls it seems to be real thick. Looking at heading up to te rereatukahia hut but cant seem to find how long it takes from the te aroha side. Cheer will stay updated on my result this weekend Cool

IP Logged

264Magic
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: First trip to kaimais!
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 7:41am
Print Post  
try hunting the te tuhi area,,much nicer

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

Kane h

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: First trip to kaimais!
Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 11:36am
Print Post  
it's a nice spot up te rereatukahia hut it's insainly popular now last time I was there was ten people in hut a lot of trampers through there

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards