Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Clays from boat (Read 436 times)
Bushwackker
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Clays from boat
Nov 27th, 2017 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Hey team, does anyone know if your aloud to shoot clays from personal boat?? Cheers

IP Logged

Joe the Bro

If your too open minded
then bits fall out.

Re: Clays from boat
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:45am
Print Post  
Provided the boat is at a clay target range then I don't imagine it would be a problem.

Waddya mean its not edible?

IP Logged

Bushwackker
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
HMMMM..Although that makes much sense,,, Iím talking about being out on the water away from everyone, mabe a call to the police would be a smart idea.. thanks for the advice tho 👍

IP Logged

BTMO
Forum Font

Show them you care. Stalk
them.

Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
There used to be a boat that did meal cruises in Wellington Harbour (the Wellesley?) that had a clay flinger on the back. I haven't seen it for a few years, but I can't imagine it's illegal IF you comply with the Arms Act and use a bit of common sense.

That said, a phone call to the Arms Officer is a bit of cheap insurance....

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an id10t. (Steven Wright)

IP Logged

Max Graymin

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
https://www.facebook.com/carodalesportingclays/?fref=ts

If you look at these guys posts on 26 and 24 November they are doing it right in Rangi channel. I don't necessarily agree with this firstly because they were potentially shooting towards an area near rangi lighthouse were people could be spear fishing unseen, secondly I don't really like shot, wads and targets going into the ocean here, it's really just another form of garbage going into the gulf at Auckland.

IP Logged

Flintlock
Donor Member

Reply #5 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 9:08am
Print Post  
If you aren't breaking any laws re annoying people etc and are in a safe area no problem .Way out at sea would be ideal.
Use fibre wads and steel shot and black clays and take the empties home then there will be little problem with pollution . Photo degradable wads can last for a long time until they get enough sunlight to break them down .

It depends on your boat size ,I have sold a number of traps to guys to set up on launches and super yachts  , you have to have enough deck space to be able to shoot safely

Shooting is the most fun you can legally have with your clothes on .
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards