Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Getting Leupold CDS turrets installed - Personal Experience (Read 561 times)
seventenths
Forum Font

Getting Leupold CDS turrets installed - Personal Experience
Nov 24th, 2017 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
I've been meaning to put this up for a while but over the past few months I've sent off two different Leupold scopes to have CDS elevation turrets installed.

I've previously had this sort of work done in the Leupold custom shop in the states but on this occasion Leupold referred me off to NOIA in Australia which also does optic repairs for Leupold so I contacted them and sent over a scope to have a CDS elevation turret installed.

I figured it would be cheaper and quicker as they were just over the ditch.

Well... Turn around was a good 6 weeks and total cost was around NZ$235 which included postage to Australia, cost of the modification and postage back.

There was also a hassle getting it back out of Australia due to their export laws with rifle parts / scopes so I had to provide personal information which I thought was a bit intrusive.

About a month later a colleague wanted the same thing done to his Leupold scope so this time I sent it to Leupold in the states.

4-6 weeks later it showed up only costing around NZ$160 in total which included all postage. It was marginally more expensive this time than last time I sent a scope to Leupold in the states due to the US exchange rate.

Anyway... I learnt two valuable lessons.

1. Contact a company first and get a quote before getting something done and not assume.
2. Send scopes directly to the Leupold Custom shop in the states  Cool

Lastly... the CDS turrets are awesome and work perfectly.

“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors. We borrow it from our children."

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Re: Getting Leupold CDS turrets installed - Personal Experience
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 7:28am
Print Post  
This is also my experience.  If you deal direct with Leupold in the states then you skip the middle man fee that NZ Asia puts on the whole thing.  For warranty claims just send it directly back to the USA and skip the delays and costs that the local guy adds.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

madfish71
Donor Member

243 rules!!

Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 10:07am
Print Post  
I got a free cds dial with the VX3 i bought here and sent it away to get customed etc and it went to austraila. i got it back within 2weeks, all good to go. Dropped it off to NZ asia(based in nelson) and picked it up, great quick service, no complains Smiley

IP Logged

MeatHunta
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
I bought a CDS scope mail order from the States. The CDS turret order web site assumed I was in the USA, so I bypassed that (and the option of ordering through the NZ agent) and just emailed the serial number and specs for the turret to Leupold USA. It was on my doorstep in 11 days  Cool

IP Logged

seventenths
Forum Font

Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
A mate bought a CDS scope where part of the sale your entitled for a FREE custom turret pertaining to your ballistics... we had this work done through NOIA in Australia and turn around was quick and cost nothing... not even postage!

Just that the scopes i've had done have been none CDS turret scopes which need to go to the shop to have them installed.

“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors. We borrow it from our children."

IP Logged

Rugersst
Forum Font

Victory is mine...

Reply #5 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Living in AU myself I still send my scopes to the US for mods, nothing firearm related is easy here.
You would think retailers would go out of there way for a sale....
It's even easier/faster getting something delivered from the US than getting it from the eastern states.

IP Logged

imjustme

Reply #6 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
I didn't think we had to send the scope!
I thought we just sent all our bullet/rifle info and they send us just the turret with the meterage to mach that info given.....unless you are turning a none cds scope into a cds scope in which case yea I can understand it will cost what it costs (hundred's)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards