Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic UK Hunter travelling NZ, Looking for some help.... (Read 456 times)
TrisSurgeyUK
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

UK Hunter travelling NZ, Looking for some help....
Oct 19th, 2017 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Hi there all,

My name is Tris, a 25yr old from England.
I'm currently in Ausrtralia for a family wedding but on the 25th October i will be flying into Christchurch to spend just over 3 weeks travelling.
Back at home I'm a self employed welder but live rurally and spend most of my time shooting I started shooting at 11 years old and havent stopped since, having both shotgun and rifle licences by 16yrs old and open licences by 18.
At home I mostly shoot fallow deer, roe deer and muntjac deer as well as all forms of vermin control and game shooting! (foxes, duck, geese, pheasant, rabbits etc).
During my trip to NZ I'm really hoping to spend most of my time in the wilderness, preferably shooting, fishing and exploring some awesome scenery!!
I hoped to shoot some goats, pigs, wallabies and deer if possible, maybe some dog work on pigs if not too hot and maybe even get into the alps on chamois/tahr though probably can't justify the $1000's this time around. 

I've not made any real commitments in the diary and hope to see a fair amount of the South Island and maybe even venture as far as Auckland in the North.

Any help/advice/invites/prices would be hugely appreciated whether its a package hunt or just knocking over a few goats on a private farm!
I'm a very experienced shot/hunter and can easily offer a bed and good variety of hunting back in the UK if anybody was interested in a swap.
I like a good drink, I hunt hard and like to get stuck in!!

If anybody on here fancies a hunt or has any good suggestions then I'd be very grateful!!
Can't seem to upload photos on here but feel free to check me out on Facebook as Tris Surgey or on my Instagram as tsurge123.

thanks for any replies,

ATB,
Tris Surgey

IP Logged

264Magic
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: UK Hunter travelling NZ, Looking for some help....
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 8:13am
Print Post  
im sure i can help out,,pay me a daily fee and ill be glad to put you on to wallabies,tahr,deer and even chamois
and carry the rifle too

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

JaSa

Know your (rifles) limits

Re: UK Hunter travelling NZ, Looking for some help....
Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Hi mate,

if you come to the Waikato let me know.
Goats, Turkeys, Rabbits, Deer and Wallaby aren't too far...

Cheers,
JaSa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards