Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Fishing around westies hut Fiordland (Read 551 times)
scooter
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Fishing around westies hut Fiordland
Oct 5th, 2017 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Greetings All, heading down South for a boys trip at the end of the month have been quoted a trip to westies hut via helicopter Can anyone share some info on free diving and fishing off the rocks around westies.

Also looking at a fishing charter out of bluff to top off the week. Any recommendations or info would be greatly appreciated.
CHEERS

IP Logged

KMatt
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Fishing around westies hut Fiordland
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Hi Scooter.

Came across this thread while finding out some info on westies hut, I have got a similar trip coming up fishing, diving, hunting. Any advice on the area you found would be awsome.

Cheers mate.

IP Logged

dodgy r
Just Joined

Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 12:26am
Print Post  
Hi Guys i know a lot about this area i have been there a few times, its pretty special alright, fishing off the rocks isn't the best but the free diving is amazing, hope you like crayfish, oh make sure you have lots of sand-fly repellent they are thick in there.

downsouthduckcalls.com

IP Logged

retyred
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Hi Scooter ,

I helped build this camp with a couple of guys who crayfished of the shore some years ago ,it was then called Slacks Camp ,the fishing of the rocks is ok ,but the diving is good ,depending on the sea conditions ,hunting also not to bad .which heli. ? as the prices can vary a lot .
Day fishing out of Bluff try Bob Hawkless Mana Charters 2127254 or 027-4733104 [top block ].
If you pm me your phone number i will give you a call with some more info ,to much to put on this message .

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards