Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic I messed need help with editing. (Read 1653 times)
Canadian Mulie

Huntin' the Prairies

I messed need help with editing.
Sep 23rd, 2017 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Hello people, I ended up tagging a pretty good elk. I took 4 pictures with my phone that turned out good. I then took a bunch with my camera. Unfortunately some how wether it was me or my very young daughter the setting got changed to the lowest quality .3 megapixel. I'm crushed I always like to have really good field photos. Is there any way that I can save them? Or have someone restore them?

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers CM

IP Logged

Baz
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: I messed need help with editing.
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 3:47am
Print Post  
I could be wrong but I don't think the quality can be improved if it was shot in 3 megapixels CM.
What about the phone pics-they should be ok?

Too Old To Die Young.
YouTube  
IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:08am
Print Post  
For the internet  that should be ok.

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Canadian Mulie

Huntin' the Prairies

Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
After searching the web, I've come up with only one positive answer. There is one program that can help with sharpening but will definitely not fix it. A Sharper Scaling, it's only available on windows though, and I have a Mac. I think I need to talk to some professionals in editing as generally no one is willing to spend time or money on improving photos. From what I can gather through reading and examples of improved photos, it's worth a try.

I have seen some crazy good photos that there was no way of knowing that there were elements from about 8 different photos to make up one. Now I know that they started with good photos, but what's the worst that can happen. No improvement?

The phone pics are good, but some of the camera pics where really good in my eyes.

CM

IP Logged

Baz
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #4 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Have you tried this CM?
Might help to enhance your pics.
http://www.nchsoftware.com/photoeditor/index.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwr53OBRCDARIsAL0v...
works for both Windows and Mac.

Too Old To Die Young.
YouTube  
IP Logged

Micky Duck
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 9:35am
Print Post  
I took some of a fallen stag on low quality setting,they will blow up to 8x4" no issue but get grainy after that.
try taking sd card into photo printing place and keep printing out size larger (ignore low quality warning on screen) and just see how far you can go.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards