Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Anyone know what's happened to nzrimfire.com? (Read 1154 times)
Downunderimfire
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Anyone know what's happened to nzrimfire.com?
Sep 21st, 2017 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Seems to have just disappeared.

IP Logged

Matty-o

Re: Anyone know what's happened to nzrimfire.com?
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Yeah I found that too.
It had been pretty dead for some time; maybe ken pulled it?

IP Logged

timandtalon
Forum Font

Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2017 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
the other pub got hit with malware so perhaps this happened to rimfire as well...?

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
I have just posed a thread about that in the chat section. Lots of little web sites are getting hacked these days.  It used to be that if you were small and no money was involved nobody would bother but these days everything is getting hacked because the username and password data is worth money.  Those usernames and passwords are then used to try and access your account on other sites because most people use the same password.

Be aware that the software that this forum uses has two level 10 vulnerabilities that allow a hacker using well documented methods (i.e. you tube videos) to gain complete control of the web site.

Anything you have ever posted.  Pics of your guns, usernames and passwords, if you have ever brought anything on the forum and swapped firearms licence numbers and\or bank account details are all likely to be or has already been stolen and sold on the dark net.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

Downunderimfire
Just Joined

Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:22am
Print Post  
Oh joy.......... Sad

IP Logged

possum_shooter
Forum Senior

Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
It had pretty much died its own natural death anyway.  Digit is on here from time to time so may be able give us the full story

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #6 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
MassiveAttack wrote on Sep 28th, 2017 at 3:13pm:
I have just posed a thread about that in the chat section. Lots of little web sites are getting hacked these days.  It used to be that if you were small and no money was involved nobody would bother but these days everything is getting hacked because the username and password data is worth money.  Those usernames and passwords are then used to try and access your account on other sites because most people use the same password.

Be aware that the software that this forum uses has two level 10 vulnerabilities that allow a hacker using well documented methods (i.e. you tube videos) to gain complete control of the web site.

Anything you have ever posted.  Pics of your guns, usernames and passwords, if you have ever brought anything on the forum and swapped firearms licence numbers and\or bank account details are all likely to be or has already been stolen and sold on the dark net.

Not this website, we are immune.

Hes referring to other hunting forums.  Roll Eyes

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards