Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Replacement rubber 4X4 Mudflaps (Read 933 times)
Barrel

"If it flies it dies"

Replacement rubber 4X4 Mudflaps
Sep 12th, 2017 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
I have just ripped one of the plastic mudflaps off one of my rear wheels on a late model Mazda BT50 while hunting, this is the third time and this time I have managed to lose the offending mudflap.
Can anyone recommend a good long suitable rubber mudflap and where to get them from? I imagine the replacement Mazda options will be quite pricey and I am reluctant to spend big dollars only for this to happen again in a couple of months.
I have had a look at Repco and they have a good rubber multifit mudflap but they are too short.

IP Logged

Huntsouth
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Replacement rubber 4X4 Mudflaps
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Check out Para Rubber in Blenheim Rd, Chch - various custom sizes and more flexible.
Also on TM - check out truck mud flaps - one othe suppliers will custom cut to suit at around $30.00 plus shipping. Just look around a bit - ask a truckie company? Good luck.

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
you live in oamaru...... find one of the local truck firms or busninesses that have conveyor belts.... once you dont need it you will see heaps of it around.
when you reattach it let it swing but dont allow it to touch wheel if reversing. far better to have longer flap further back than a short one in close. stuff buying a new one Wink

IP Logged

Rumpy
Donor Member

Wishing I was out in the
hills.

Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 8:32am
Print Post  
+1 Micky. Anywhere with conveyor belts. Sawmills, Quarries, Fert plants may have some lying around. Canterbury Conveyors  www.conveyorbelts.co.nz/ ; will be able to help. Nitrile rubber sheet may be cheapest but Insertion rubber is impregnated with fabric strands and will be a lot tougher.

.270 WIN   AWESOME SINCE 1925       "REMEMBER THE 6 P's" POOR PREPARATION PROVIDES PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

IP Logged

Bos
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 7:55am
Print Post  
Micky Duck wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 8:32pm:
you live in oamaru...... find one of the local truck firms or busninesses that have conveyor belts.... once you dont need it you will see heaps of it around.
when you reattach it let it swing but dont allow it to touch wheel if reversing. far better to have longer flap further back than a short one in close. stuff buying a new one Wink

Thats what I keep telling the old girl
Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Trout
Donor Member

Top NZ WhiteTail

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Bos wrote on Oct 5th, 2017 at 7:55am:
Micky Duck wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 8:32pm:

Thats what I keep telling the old girl
Cheesy Cheesy

Grin Grin Grin

Shot a few deer,caugth some big trout and salmon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards