Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ian Leslie Andrews (Read 1869 times)
gmm
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Ian Leslie Andrews
Aug 3rd, 2017 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Ian Leslie Andrews, 79  passed away 28th July.

Ian was a very active hunter, sailor and fisherman.  He hunted throughout the country but had a soft spot for the Pureora Forest, which was home ground having grown up in Pio Pio.
In 1984 Ian and a good mate Mike rebuild the Bog Inn hunt in Pureora, which had fallen into a state of disrepair and was in danger of being demolished.  The hut still stands today.

Eulogy for Ian, written with his input shortly before his passing, this was accompanied by a picture taken 3 months ago with his silhouette on the skyline, hills and bush in the background, in the setting sun.

My path now leads towards the sunrise.
I walked it in my way but not alone.
Together we sailed the oceans wide,
soared the high blue skies,
explored the oceans depths,
and trekked all natures trails.
Our journey one of laughter,
of tears and many a campfire tale.
My rifle now a walking stick,
my pack no longer with me but you are my friend,
as always and ever.

RIP  Ian

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Re: Ian Leslie Andrews
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
it brings it home that we must make the most of our alloted time and make every day count,Ian sounds like he would have been a great man to ride a trail with,the hills will be flat and the packs lighter in the happy hunting ground
R.I.P.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards