Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Shotgun shells and plastics (Read 3496 times)
GDMP
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Shotgun shells and plastics
Reply #30 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Flintlock wrote on Aug 14th, 2017 at 9:59am:
GDMP wrote on Aug 13th, 2017 at 11:51am:
Federal currently load 12 gauge trap loads with paper cases, they are very popular with shooters in the USA,as they are reported to give somewhat softer recoil than similar loadings in plastic cases.Have not seen any on the NZ market but hopefully some will be imported in future.

Many years ago I purchased 50 cases of Federal paper case paper wad trap 7 off a cruise ship , they used to have trap shooting off the stern , then throw the paper empties into the sea . They didn't have any passengers interested in shooting so they dumped off the ammo and guns super cheap to get rid of the hassle of the paperwork needed in each new country and port .
It was great ammo patterned well with mild recoil and the powder burnt with a distinctive pleasant smell

Nice score!.Would love to see some of this ammo in NZ I believe it would have a market as many of us remember and prefer the old paper hulls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards