Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Photo bucket issues (Read 2284 times)
RuahineRowan

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Photo bucket issues
Reply #30 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Nope any suggestions for another hosting site?

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #31 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 8:45am
Print Post  
RuahineRowan wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 9:42pm:
Nope any suggestions for another hosting site?

Either Image Hut which is linked at the top of this page in the dark colored bar.. or the one Von Gruff mentioned, which I joined and seems to work well.

http://imgur.com/n3mO2uf

Whats to say they dont do something similar to Photobucket in the future though, so,  certain is that from now on every image should be also saved on a seperate medium at home, the harddisk ok but must be backed up, one of the now cheap portable hard disks being a good choice. You can buy a terrabyte for $100 these days.

That way if the hard disk on you computer craps out or other compi problems youve still got all your pics.

I tried to download my pics from Photobucket yesterday. A single image worked but downloading the whole album didnt, probably because theres a million other people trying to do the same thing,,,,,  Roll Eyes

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

shananah

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #32 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
The photobucket thing has affected thousands of forums all over the world, not just hunting, you name a topic, there'll be a forum & the PB thing has buggered them all to a degree. Stamp collectors, vehicle how tos, hobby sites, history sites etc etc. nothing but cultural & social vandalism.  Angry
Word has it that most of their business comes from people who want to store their photos on line, in which case they won't be affected. I've my doubts about this. Either way, they appear to want to clear out the free loaders accounts. OK, if they'd given some warning & come up with some reasonable charges, many might have gone with them, but US$400 per annum & no warning other than a ransome demand, screw that. In the meantime, there're a heap of other hosting sites out there though how long they'll last for free if there is a domino effect who knows. Flickr is one mentioned quite oftem, Imgur as mentioned above, Postimage, Village photo, smugmug( they already charge but quite modestly) & others. In the meantime, if there're photphucket images you want to see, try the following.
Right click, view image or open image in a new tab, whatever your browser offers, then when that brings up the evil icon/PB ransome demand (they're holding your photos to ransome) do CTRL+F5, which will refresh your page & in most cases reveals the ransomed image, if you get gibberish, do it again, it normally works. Photobollux, screw them, bastards.
Steve.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards