Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Photo bucket issues (Read 3023 times)
trusty222
Donor Member

"HOT BARRELS AND SAGGING
TAIL LINES"

Photo bucket issues
Jun 30th, 2017 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
I have noticed I have lost my avatar and then checked some old posts and seen all off my photos are blocked, check my photo bucket account and all seems OK there.
I have seen a few other photos with the same error message from other posters, problem here or in photo bucket end???

Hot barrels

DOG TRAINING "GET IT RIGHT THE 1ST TIME & TRAIN FOR SUCCESS"
WWW.BCL.KIWI
IP Logged

RuahineRowan
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Photo bucket issues
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2017 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Same thing with me, bugger.

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2017 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
It looks like its a photo bucket thing trying to make you pay....
go to www.photobucket.com/p500
The only other option is to use one of ours avatars or move all your images to our image hut..

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Jul 1st, 2017 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
I went to read the updated terms of service and its still free to a certain level.. Heaps of annoying pop ups though, and slower than constipation.

Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits

Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.
Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.
Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.

Read more: http://photobucket.com/terms#ixzz4lY7pkzG1

Test

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Jul 1st, 2017 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
trusty222 wrote on Jun 30th, 2017 at 7:14pm:
I have noticed I have lost my avatar and then checked some old posts and seen all off my photos are blocked, check my photo bucket account and all seems OK there.
I have seen a few other photos with the same error message from other posters, problem here or in photo bucket end???

Hot barrels

Dont have a problem yet but this is going to bugger up a lot of old posts if the great pics are missing. Damm they need their  arses sued.

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #5 - Jul 1st, 2017 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
going to be a real bastard and a lot of great images will disappear from the internet... they have sucked everyone in over the years..now the sucker punch!
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/30/photobucket_charging_400yr_3rdparty_pgs...
The internet is alive with comment....  they actually want $us400 a year if you want to post on third party websites...

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
IP Logged

trusty222
Donor Member

"HOT BARRELS AND SAGGING
TAIL LINES"

Reply #6 - Jul 1st, 2017 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
headcase wrote on Jul 1st, 2017 at 4:11pm:
Dont have a problem yet but this is going to bugger up a lot of old posts if the great pics are missing. Damm they need their  arses sued.

YEP, exactly, I have been reading a few blogs, a lot of unhappy punters world wide by the looks

from your link

•Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:

o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year.  The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.   

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year.  The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.   

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year.  The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting

looks like a minimum of $399.99 per annum for 3rd party hosting (if that is required) and to restore images/photos by the looks, the only reason I opened an account was to put photos on this forum.

So Alan,
1-do we need image linking or 3 party image hosting??
2-can we edit old posts to update photo/image links if we change hosting sites??

hot barrels

DOG TRAINING "GET IT RIGHT THE 1ST TIME & TRAIN FOR SUCCESS"
WWW.BCL.KIWI
IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #7 - Jul 2nd, 2017 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
https://petapixel.com/2017/07/01/photobucket-just-broke-billions-photos-embedded
-web/

Opps juust got hit by it too. Some of my best posts ruined.

Both of them.  Roll Eyes

Dammed if im subscribing to that blackmail. Ill be surprised it they dont get sued.

What now indeed..

IP Logged

Von Gruff
Donor Member

Reply #8 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 7:59am
Print Post  
I have gone to imgbb. Quick and simple

http://imgbb.com/

The ability to do comes with doing

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #9 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 8:46am
Print Post  
Looks good, Ive jsut activated an account.

Two problems remain. What guarantee does one have this site wont do the same thing Photobucket has done, and how do we repair all the damaged threads in the forum.

Im working on it

iMAGE STORED AND POSTED FROM  http://imgbb.com/ ; AS vON gRUFF SUGGESTED. wORKS VERY WELL. Simple and almost add free.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #10 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 10:44am
Print Post  
From here on in It would be good policy to write all your posts on your normal word processor.. Word, Docs whatever with the photo links included and then copy and past the whole thing here to post a new thread.

Important would be to store the original photos you posted in your thread not only in your third party provider but also on you computer (backed up  Roll Eyes and/or onto a portable hard-disk or other backup medium. The cost of a terrabyte backup unit is now so low its worth buying one and connecting it to your compi for permanent backups.

If anyone need photos reposted in a thread  with new links talk to me.. Only important threads please, because although not diffucult, if everyone wants to do it its going to be a Monmouth task.

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #11 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Can I transfer my hundreds of pics on photobucket back to be saved on my computer? A lot of them are only saved on photo bucket, and I don't have copies.

Also, I understand that you can only upload through here on f&h if you are a donator (of money). So its not too dissimilar to what photo bucket are doing? Yes?

I don't donate money to f&h and am reluctant to. It might sound precious but I figure I (and most) donate plenty through my contributions which in turn make the site attractive to advertisers.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

Philipo
Forum Font

Still waiting for my Section-Eight

Reply #12 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
What a pain in the arse, cheers photobucket you pack of wankers  Angry

Shoot it, root it & BBQ it !!!

IP Logged

X-POACHER-YEAH RYT
Donor Member

Have you ever hunted Middle
Earth?

Reply #13 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Looks like you guys may be "Photobuggered".  Roll Eyes
  Never ever trust getting something "for free", I did that once, and ended up paying maintenance for years n' years.  Grin Grin
Thank the Lord, I suffer from 'Technofear', can't post a pic' on here to save myself, but I do have all my pic's and other important info saved x 3 times. External backup drive, USB  sticks and CD's / DVD's.  Wink

Get as close as you can, then get a bit closer.

IP Logged

Von Gruff
Donor Member

Reply #14 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 7:19am
Print Post  
X-POACHER-YEAH RYT wrote on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 10:11pm:
  Thank the Lord, I suffer from 'Technofear', can't post a pic' on here to save myself, but I do have all my pic's and other important info saved x 3 times. External backup drive, USB  sticks and CD's / DVD's.  Wink

And you say you suffer from 'Technofear" Some of us have no idea how to back up any of our data but then I suppose that is more 'technocantdo'  Smiley Smiley

The ability to do comes with doing

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards