Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Geese advice (Read 3382 times)
MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Re: Geese advice
Reply #15 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Just watch them again and see what the new pattern is.  It depends where they roost but they are more likely to head for a paddock in rough weather.  Are they coming in twice a day?  Morning and afternoon?  The most predictable movement is the morning one so if that's the case set up so you are ready 30 min before dawn and get into them.  You can always set your gear up the night before the minimize the early start.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

mallardbuster
Forum Font

Bad day hunting beats
a good day working

Reply #16 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Went out this morning for a scout,they seem to have disappeared?The place where they are roosting is a no shooting place.thanks for the help,I think we have missed our chance,but will keep an I out, Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Stagrinon
Donor Member

No pain No gain.

Reply #17 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
They'll be back. Eventually.  Smiley  As Massive said,  watch them. 

It usually take a day to scout, a day to watch and a day to shoot.

IP Logged

Stagrinon
Donor Member

No pain No gain.

Reply #18 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
The chances are some one else will push them off from where ever they are going to next.  There will most likely be other people chasing the same mob.    Its the old dilema, there one day gone the next.   

re the earlier question, they will fly at night most likely around the full moon,  but no guarentees,  cos they're Geese and they will always keep you guessing   Grin

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Reply #19 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Only gooses know why gooses do what gooses do and when they do it.  That's why they be gooses.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

STAGBOAR

should be hunting

Reply #20 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
If they stayed all night they wont be hungry, need to time them for when they are hungry, after a duration of rough weather or when the farmer inadvertently has been putting them of in the morning, or morning and night, or just night or just mornings ect

should be hunting
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards