Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Lead shot ban (Read 8313 times)
QUACKERS
Forum Font

DUCK FEVER NEVER DIES.

Lead shot ban
Jun 7th, 2017 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Seems lead shot ban for waterfowling coming in from next year then compulsary by 2021. Exemption for 410.Might be time to buy a cheap 20 gauge soon.

IP Logged

Oscar
Donor Member

Let Us Prey

Re: Lead shot ban
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Only indirectly related, but opened up a duck gizzard for the first time in years last Saturday. Had a new duck shooter with me. Lo and behold, found a pellet - and it was LEAD

Herbs before herbivores

Not all those who wander are lost

IP Logged

willy
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
TTTTTTTTTTT SIR P

IP Logged

hauraki hunter
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 7:50am
Print Post  
To ban lead in 20ga and 16ga fair enough but to include 28ga  is going to kill the use of anyone using a 28ga. I think theres hardly anyone using 28ga on game birds anyway ive never seen a hunter with one.There might be alot of .410 getting sold in the next 4 years if kids can knock down ducks with them a adult with a .410 should have no trouble. Smiley

IP Logged

willy
Forum Font

Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
hauraki hunter wrote on Jun 9th, 2017 at 7:50am:
To ban lead in 20ga and 16ga fair enough but to include 28ga  is going to kill the use of anyone using a 28ga. I think theres hardly anyone using 28ga on game birds anyway ive never seen a hunter with one.There might be alot of .410 getting sold in the next 4 years if kids can knock down ducks with them a adult with a .410 should have no trouble. Smiley

yes big sales coming up in the south island yes 28 should have been included ,

i think its going to be

1/3rd  back to 12g
1/6th toying  on 410, 
1/3rd keeping to 20 bore, Smiley Wink Kiss
1/6th  bent on ether way

so the gun shops are winning ether way things go

i also think, lots of thinking about it this  morning as my  day of lol ,

lots of winged birds as people play with the 410 and steel out of 20 bores ,

ok some really good shooters are going to be able to get ok results out of the 410 but they will be the good shots anyway

but the others that will be playing with it are going to have a lot of lost birds , same goes for the steel as par normal

as a 28 bore  shooter its not going to bother me as ducks are a small part of my hunting  and the 28 is totally totally great on pheasants , and i just hope that the competition in ammo in this country to the whos whys and where fours of this move still bring in there excellent priced and quietly ammo for we who shoot the magnificent 28 bore

Wink as a 20 gauge shooter i dont shoot that much duck  over water so not really a biggy it may cost me 50 or 75 bucks on new ammo

i have worked out the whos whys and where fors on it  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

as i say that in the top of this page good luck all yea southlanders as i think theirs big sales in 410s heading your ways  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

you have certainly loss a great opportunity of bring the 28 bore to  its proper place

IP Logged

QUACKERS
Forum Font

DUCK FEVER NEVER DIES.

Reply #5 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
I'm waiting for the 20 gauge sales...looking at a sbs 20

IP Logged

puddleduk

Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Hope lead is banned, nothing wrong with steel, pattern different loads in different chokes and you may be surprised. Takes up a bit of time but is worth it. Have found a lot of steel loads pattern really badly but once a good one is found it is very much equal to a good lead pattern. Best loads for me have mostly been Falcon.

IP Logged

willy
Forum Font

Reply #7 - Jun 10th, 2017 at 8:35am
Print Post  
puddleduk wrote on Jun 9th, 2017 at 9:22pm:
Hope lead is banned, nothing wrong with steel, pattern different loads in different chokes and you may be surprised. Takes up a bit of time but is worth it. Have found a lot of steel loads pattern really badly but once a good one is found it is very much equal to a good lead pattern. Best loads for me have mostly been Falcon.

yes , i dont have a problem with the concept, but  lots of mainly southerners do and a rear opportunity with increasing the  numbers of 28 bores has been lost , which is  a far better gauge than 410 could passably ever be, WELL EVER WILL BE   ,  
and i believe this was done with out consideration or thought,
considering it all follows those that follow the   american flag ???/on the subject ,

and has been driven by a following of one whom mostly shoots vast amounts of   lead over paddocks and goes over water just a few  times for the photo shoots per season,  but thats politics  Sad

and of course with those that follow that said flags ways  i do have slight ??? s about how much of this is being  driven by those in the  industry  whom i question  mit not have the majority of 28 bore ammunition supply's in nz  Huh

just how much has a certain groups influence in the sport is today

IP Logged

willy
Forum Font

Reply #8 - Jun 10th, 2017 at 8:38am
Print Post  
QUACKERS wrote on Jun 9th, 2017 at 7:50pm:
I'm waiting for the 20 gauge sales...looking at a sbs 20

yes im after a ok semi  20 bore if any one wants to sub me one to prove a point, i  will give u  $1, well how about $12, mainly for geese ,

or a pump at this stage   Smiley

IP Logged

willy
Forum Font

Reply #9 - Jun 11th, 2017 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
WHAT 3 DAYS AND NO BITES  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

QUACKERS
Forum Font

DUCK FEVER NEVER DIES.

Reply #10 - Jun 11th, 2017 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Our duck season now finished willy so the south island boys must be out with the 20s. Using  up there ammo

IP Logged

hunta223rem
Just Joined

speak softly but carry
a big stick

Reply #11 - Jun 11th, 2017 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Find it a bit undemocratic that members of fish and game council  (that are elected) are making such decisions on behalf of the people that pay for the licenses i.e. all shooters.without a referendum etc they must be in bed with the politicians

real guns start with a .4

IP Logged

Salmoner
Donor Member

I love salmon fishin

Reply #12 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 7:58am
Print Post  
hunta223rem wrote on Jun 11th, 2017 at 9:45pm:
Find it a bit undemocratic that members of fish and game council  (that are elected) are making such decisions on behalf of the people that pay for the licenses i.e. all shooters.without a referendum etc they must be in bed with the politicians

Eh ? 

IP Logged

Snuffit
Forum Font

Reply #13 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 8:04am
Print Post  
Cheesy

IP Logged

carnivore
Donor Member

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #14 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
hunta223rem wrote on Jun 11th, 2017 at 9:45pm:

yeah I think you might find that the conservation minister may have pushed this one there pal, the government wanted a immediate ban , you may well also find that our elected members worked very well for us gaining us several years to change over.

marlin XL7 270
not flash but effective

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards