Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Game Fishing help. (Read 584 times)
boowacker
Donor Member

Game Fishing help.
Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Hi team. For those of you who indulge in chasing fish a little bigger than blue cod I need some help. I would like to get a set up capable of marlin and tuna. I would  prefer a Tiagra but don't know what size. Is a 50 ok as an all round reel or should I look at an 80? I have a couple of Tiagra and BBElite 38kg rods but not fully rollered. Are they ok? Lots of questions sorry but it's not a cheap step for kit that might have a few days out a year.

If you want someting done, ask someone who's busy.

IP Logged

Viking
Forum Font

Life is for living--not
for worrying

Re: Game Fishing help.
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
50's plenty big enough! 80's too big and cumbersome. get about 800mtrs of 24 on a 50, even try the good old TLD50's, Nothing wrong with them,  and quite a bit cheaper than the Tiagra's!! Smiley

IP Logged

jakkos
Forum Senior

There is one stop after
the trigger is pulled

Re: Game Fishing help.
Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
I use a Penn 50, A Shimano 50. And a Diawa 900 sealine with a star drag. They all do the business. And from a 5.5 Meter boat. Go for it. Wink

be good...And careful

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards