Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic first time fal (Read 651 times)
nseagoon
Donor Member

Re: first time fal
Reply #18 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Micky Duck wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 9:41am:
nseagoon wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 9:34am:
or the facts show the majority of incidents involve males over 40, so have a reverse licence, the older you get.
You start your licence with an SLR and end with a peashooter.

if you looking for a bite you fishing in wrong pond....... some Wink of the older 40 brigade are more than happy to shoot with a single shot,and have ability to take animals cleanly with a "peashooter" Grin Grin

glad to know you don't disagree with my suggestion. Facts don't lie after all.

IP Logged

SF90

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #19 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Thanks MeatHunter, I like spinning those yarns and I'm glad you enjoy them.

Ten years or so ago I thought I'd put down some memories of things that happened and people I knew before I started to forget it all.
The idea being so my kids got to know a bit more about my life than I knew about my dad's - and because I'm full of it.

My wife had a friend at the time, an English lady who wrote stories which were read on the National Radio and she asked if she could see one of my stories.
I got pretty excited and gave her what I thought was my best story - about my mate's dad.

A few weeks later I got my story back - with notations that took a week to read and understand.
Coupled with my 'notated' story was a letter suggesting I go to night classes to learn how to write in a correct manner as my grammar was rotten and my humour misplaced.
Absolutely flattened me and I didn't write another story until I got on this forum - took a while to warm up though.

Thing is - someone will say something and I'll join in to say something sensible - and before I know it's happening I'm on my high horse and it all just spills out on the page.

I get embarrassed sometimes with stuff I've written - perhaps I could have said it better, or maybe I shouldn't have said it at all.
And then I hit the 'Post Message' and go to bed wondering.

At the moment I'm a bit embarrassed because Micky Duck and .264 weren't wrong with their concerns - and I just steamrolled right over it all.

Sorry guys - try not to let it happen again.

And I'm not entirely sure that everyone will be happy you are offering me encouragement  Undecided

« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2017 at 8:59am by SF90 »  

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #20 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
don't you dare stop Mate.....great stuff and nothing wrong with the way you write it down either.
Big Al Lester has done a few good yarns in recent years with no more talent than you showing...FFS get them down on paper NOW before its too late,my father told his life story a couple of years back and got it published (limited run of 50)...learnt a few things from the reading of it that's for sure.

IP Logged

Tararuaphil
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #21 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Having people join a club etc won't help the idiots out there. They'll still be idiots, but the rest of those wanting/ needing to be able to own a firearm for hunting with less hassles, will just have more bureaucracy & anti gunners interfering in ones lifestyle. I find it interesting that the members on here are always whinging about what the govt & their minions are doing or going to do, yet encourage them to add more obstacles to ones hunting/ shooting pleasure. Years ago I worked with a guy who had his brother inlaw blow his head off with a 308 that found him with only a spine stump where his head had been & the bedroom smelling like a butchers shop. They'll top them selves regardless so adding more restrictions to others is not the solution. Angry Sad Cry
This's going to ruffle a few feathers....Good

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards