Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic intro to gunshot-looking for property near Tauranga (Read 380 times)
7mil Jim

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

intro to gunshot-looking for property near Tauranga
Mar 13th, 2017 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Hi All,
I'm hoping to find a farm/property/area to do introduction to gunshot with my dog in the BOP region. The closer to Tauranga/Mount the better but willing to travel. I'd ideally do a gun session once a fornight for about 2 months.
If you can help or know someone how may, please let me know.
The dog is safe around stock and has all his jabs.
I have a firearms license and would be using a .22
Cheers
Jim

IP Logged

Salmoner
Donor Member

I love salmon fishin

Re: intro to gunshot-looking for property near Tauranga
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2017 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Find out where your local gun club is and when they are shooting. Drive about a km away or so you can just hear the shooting and slowly walk the dog towards the club chatting to it and giving it a bit of distraction. If the dog shows nervousness distract it with a bumper or walk it away from the club... repeat walking back to club, reassuring the dog that all is ok. It took my dog hour or so until i was at the club and she was watching the targets thinking this is good stuff.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards