Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Kaitieke Hut (Read 1630 times)
Truebluekiwi
Just Joined

Kaitieke Hut
Dec 14th, 2016 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Anyone help me out with the location of this hut please? I can't find it on the map. Apparently it sits upstream from Otupua Hut in the Kaimanawas.

AIM  
IP Logged

Sikakila
Donor Member

'Every day above ground..is
a good day!

Re: Kaitieke Hut
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2016 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Yep it does,and out of bounds now last I heard, Hunted a lot in the Otupua back when Air charter had the whole block and we flew by fixed wing. Block then got cut in half,the top half leased to Helisika ,then the Kaiteke Hut was built in that part.Last I heard Lochinvar now lease that top part and only Lochinvar staff can use it. Hell we pulled some sika outa that top bit back in the day!

IP Logged

A J Productions
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2016 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
The Kaitieke Hut was part of the original Wilderness Lodge block but around 7 or so years back was taken over by the Kai Waho Experience as  a joint venture and as Sikakila said is out of bounds. It is a Private block.

IP Logged

Sikakila
Donor Member

'Every day above ground..is
a good day!

Reply #3 - Dec 19th, 2016 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Mr Philpot had a camp up the top ridge he used for guideing,our camp was in a small clearing 20 mins up the big side creek to the east of where the hut is now. The deer were so settled back then,hardly anyone flycamped up there,the Otupua hut was too cosy it seems.Didn't have to go far anyway. Was common to shoot 2 or 3 each in a day.Made for some wicked loads back to the airstrip...and some bloody scary flights outa there on Air charters little plane! Shocked Cool

IP Logged

chris
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

a setter is better!

Reply #4 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Watched deer from the deck of that hut.
Great spot.

IP Logged

Ol Curly

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Good spot lots of open flats used to be part of otupua loooong ago good clearing up around the swamp area taken lots of that and  shot a few off the deck when was part of the ripia club that rebuilt the hut but alas now out of bounds Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards