Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Our BP week opens tomorrow. (Read 1612 times)
Jimbag
Forum Font

Our BP week opens tomorrow.
Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:19am
Print Post  
Here in Ont. Ca. we only have one week for BP. Will only get out one day because of work. I have a Remington 700 ml. that I converted from percussion caps to primers. Works well and is accurate usually fire one primer without load before loading it. Have fun and be safe.

IP Logged

MADNESS
Forum Font

Re: Our BP week opens tomorrow.
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 7:24am
Print Post  
Good luck look forward to seeing the result of your hunt

Despite the rising cost of living it still remains popular

IP Logged

Jimbag
Forum Font

Re: Our BP week opens tomorrow. Update !!!
Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Heres a sad tale. Since Oct. 1st I ave seen about 25 white tail deer not one with antlers. Today my hunting partner while doing a walk about found a dead 10 point buck. Huge deer, a week ago from the farm adjacent to the farm we hunt the owner accused us of shooting after dark because he heard a shot close. Well this dead deer was near his fence line. probably shot on the bottom end of their farm and walked onto ours and died. The farmer has kicked a family of hunters off this section earlier in the season. I am sure he still thinks we were night hunting. We know the group that probably did it should we just let it go. What a waste of a 250 + walking breeding buck.We took the antlers the carcass was still full of maggots so it was killed about the time he was upset about the shot. Any thoughts?

IP Logged

Tasbay

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Well if it was shot after dark it probably was not with a muzzleloader, that said you guys do use Inline muzzleloaders something we see very little of here in NZ. Your laws are very different to ours though poaching is still poaching. If it had nothing to do with you I`d just keep it that way. You didn`t shoot it , you were not on his land just let it slide.
Little hard to explain how you came to be in posession of the antlers off it though.
Down here we don`t have deer seasons and are not limited to what, when or how many we can shoot. Muzzleloaders, rifles, spotlights, NV & Thermal , hell even helecopter gunships are fine depending on a few rules as to where its done. Our government poisens them by the thousands... But lets not get into that debate.
Make the most of your season and hope you bag something.

IP Logged

Jimbag
Forum Font

Reply #4 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 3:26am
Print Post  
My season is over, could still bow hunt till the 31st but with the winter weather finally kicking in, work and family. I have put the toys away until turkey season in May. Everyone in NZ I wish you a happy and safe Christmas. Try to keep the quakes to a minimum, best wishes for the new year. Jim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards