Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic how do i go about loading some photo's on to this site (Read 1108 times)
southotago hern

Meat hunter for life

how do i go about loading some photo's on to this site
Oct 2nd, 2016 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
I'm a bit of a hill billy and have no idea how to take the photo's off my phone and put them on this site for report's or yarn's etc. any help greatly appreciated

IP Logged

Baz
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: how do i go about loading some photo's on to this site
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Go to the photography forum mate-and click on how to post photos on the forum.
Cheers.

Too Old To Die Young.
YouTube  
IP Logged

Kersh
Donor Member

We interrupt this marriage
for hunting season.

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
There's several ways, but the easiest I've found is DropBox (It's free for a limited space and cheap enough for 1Tb).
Go Here and sign up for a free account: --->DropBox

Then go here and install the program on your PC: --->Download
You might need to click 'Run' down the bottom of the screen in order to install it.

This will create a 'DropBox' folder on your Hard Drive where you can stick stuff.
Note, this is Cloud storage, meaning your files are backed up on the internet.

Once it's installed you'll see a link called 'DropBox' in your favourites.

Note, As I'm on a few different forums, I've got sub-folders, i.e. another folder inside called 'Fish n Hunt'  etc etc.

Next connect your phone via a micro-USB cable (or I-phone cable)
Now, On a good day DropBox will recognise you've plugged in a phone with photos and ask you if you want to upload your pics.

Tick 'Include Videos' and click 'Start Import'.

This will copy all your photos into a directory inside DropBox called 'Camera Uploads'. Now you'll need to copy and paste your forum pictures from 'Camera Uploads' -> into -> 'Photos 4 Forum'.
(hopefully you know how to cut/copy & paste) ??

Only Files in your 'Public' area will allow you to share them.

Note: All files & folders inside dropbox have a small logo on their icon, either a green tick (meaning it's finished uploading to the cloud), or a blue semi-circle (Still uploading). You generally have to wait until a files finished uploading before you'll be able to share it.

Once you've got a picture into your 'Photos 4 Forum' folder, you should be able to right click it and you'll get an option to 'Copy Public Link'

With the link copied to memory, head to the forum post area and just click the insert image button:

Just press Ctrl + V (paste) in the middle of the image HTML code (the 'img' inside the square brackets. you should have one at the start of your code, and one the end with a forward slash like this:

Now that all looks pretty tricky, but once you've got it set up, It's a piece of p!ss to maintain your forum photos, and you can edit them later and the forum will update.

Also, there's a DropBox smart phone app that's worth having too. You can access your dropbox files wherever you are. And you can also set your phone up to automatically dump your pictures to your cloud whenever it sees Wifi. Then you can just delete all your phone pictures and they'll stay in your dropbox. Damn good.

Hope That makes some Sense .....
See how you go.   Wink

Tikka T3 .270 St/St

IP Logged

southotago hern

Meat hunter for life

Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2016 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Cheer's dude i'll get some braging snap's up thank's to you

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards