Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ECan pandering to Canterbury water thieves (Read 2346 times)
Flycasta
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

ECan pandering to Canterbury water thieves
Jul 2nd, 2016 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
"Nearly one in five Canterbury farmers have failed to comply with their consents to take river and ground water."

[Radio NZ, 18 March 2016]

"“Despite at least 2.3 billion litres of water being illegally taken, and nearly 400 irrigation related serious non-compliances, ECan continues to downplay the issue saying it is only a few farmers, a relatively small amount of water and that when told to comply, farmers do.

“While ECan has indicated that they are likely to take some prosecutions in the future, they have also been at pains to state that they don’t believe there is massive water crime in Canterbury,” says Mr Hackwell.

“ECan’s data tells the true story - hundreds of farmers are seriously breaching their consents including illegally taking billions of litres of Canterbury’s precious water."

[Royal Forest & Bird Protection Society website, 24 June 2016]

Anyone know if a government minister has commented on this breach? (Highly unlikely, I know, as the standard approach from those who live on Planet Key is to bat away inconvenient facts with a flippant remark  Huhor ignore them altogether).

IP Logged

bufferzone
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: ECan pandering to Canterbury water thieves
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2016 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
hi flycasta did you see the thread running in the around the camp fire heading? some interesting reading

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards