Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) LNIRDF CAN NOW RECEIVE DONATIONS TO FIGHT DOCíS WARO CHANGES (Read 17424 times)
Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

LNIRDF CAN NOW RECEIVE DONATIONS TO FIGHT DOCíS WARO CHANGES
Apr 29th, 2016 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
The Lower North island Red Deer Foundation Incorporated is now registered formally as an Incorporated society.

Our registration number 2638322

Bank accounts have been established and we are now in a position to accept donations to support the current legal challenge of DOCs decisions in the Lower North Island forest parks.

The Kiwibank account number is 38-9017-0707871-01

Click this link to go to make a donation

https://www.cognitoforms.com/LowerNorthIslandRedDeerFoundation/DONATIONSFORLNIRD...

https://www.cognitoforms.com/LowerNorthIslandRedDeerFoundation/LNIRDFDONATIONS

The long standing issue facing the foundation is getting DOC to reverse the removal of Closed status in areas of the Tararua, Rimutaka forest parks and also the eastern Wairarapa reserves. These areas are very popular with hunters and WARO has been excluded for the last 30 years. The other major issue regarding WARO was the removal of restrictions to WARO in the Ruahine forest park.

The predecessor to the foundation, (the Lower North Island Hunter Liaison Group) put considerable effort into getting DOC to reverse these changes that would have a major effect on recreational hunting in the Ruahines.

As a result of political lobbying by the Liaison Group, discussions between DOC and hunters with support from the Game Animal Council resulted in the Ruahine WARO permit changes being reversed.

A very rare thing to happen when dealing with DOC!

Without taking DOC to task, there wouldnít have been and changes DOCs decisions to allow WARO helicopters into places in the Ruahines that had been set aside for recreational hunters for many years.

The battle is not over yet and the foundation is now mounting a legal challenge to reverse the Tararua/Rimutaka WARO changes. There are also still fish hooks in the reversal of the Ruahine back down by DOC which need to be addressed. To date we have engaged legal firm DLA Piper to represent the foundation in this process. The next step pending is to file a statement of claim with the court to get a judicial review underway.

The process is predictably expensive for volunteers, and donations are welcome from supporters to cover efforts to challenge the 2015 WARO WARP permit outcomes including costs associated with the pending court lodgement of a Judicial review. The aim of the review is to right the wrongs done and to achieve a just regime for recreational hunters in all the areas.

To date we have spent $10400 in costs, some of which has been funded by the collective hunting clubs that comprise the foundation. In order lodge a claim for a judicial review with the court up to a further $5000 is required. If the issue is not settled at this stage, then we have the prospect of going to court, which result in more costs to the foundation. Our legal advice is that a judicial review of DOCs decisions has merit.

The foundation is seeking other contributors to this process, however every bit of financial support was can get from hunters will help us correct these wrongs that has occurred to our places we hunt.

All donors will be automatically registered as form members of the foundation as a Supporter.

The Purposes of the foundation are
to advocate for enhanced recreational hunting opportunities and sustainable† management policies and practices which meet both conservation and recreational hunting aspirations; and

to participate in and assist with conservation research particularly in the lower† North Island.

The foundation will have a committee comprised of ďCorporate MembersĒ, that will be hunting club representativeís and also ďIndividual MembersĒ. There is also provision for ďSupporter MembersĒ.

There is no joining fee and we will be seeking Supporter membership once the committee has had the inaugural AGM and sorted a few rules etc.

« Last Edit: May 1st, 2016 at 9:29am by Tararua Hunter »  

IP Logged

TLB
Forum Senior

Re: LNIRDF CAN NOW RECEIVE DONATIONS TO FIGHT DOCíS WARO CHANGES
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 4:58am
Print Post  
Thanks guys for your exceptional work, much appreciated.
I will be sure to donate.
Far too many do very little to support their favourite past times in this country so a contribution is not much to ask!

AIM  
IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 5:06am
Print Post  
Doners can claim one third as a tax credit I believe?

So make it generous..  Grin

ďWe either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.Ē
IP Logged

anchovy
Forum Senior

Just one small fish

Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 5:19am
Print Post  
Thanks for your exceptional work guys.
Can we please have clarification on tax status please and any liability issues.

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 5:22am
Print Post  
Quote:
Can we please have clarification on tax status please and any liability issues.

will check, Anchovy

ps, by liabilities , do you mean from supporting the legal challenge financially?

IP Logged

pope
Donor Member

SAVE A HORSE, ride a cow
girl

Reply #5 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 5:40am
Print Post  
will donate today, hope you get a good response

IP Logged

Max
Donor Member

Reply #6 - May 1st, 2016 at 1:48am
Print Post  
Will donate.

As an aside, it puzzles me that the likes of the (major?) equipment distributors and retailers don't seem to be active in either financial support, or advocacy? Given the likes of the Hunting and Fishing chain of franchises rely heavily on the hunting fraternity for their livelihood I would have expected to see and hear more from them on issues like this?  Huh

IP Logged

K95

Reply #7 - May 1st, 2016 at 2:48am
Print Post  
Max wrote on May 1st, 2016 at 1:48am:
Will donate.

As an aside, it puzzles me that the likes of the (major?) equipment distributors and retailers don't seem to be active in either financial support, or advocacy? Given the likes of the Hunting and Fishing chain of franchises rely heavily on the hunting fraternity for their livelihood I would have expected to see and hear more from them on issues like this?† Huh

Sadly they are just there to take the money. Anyone who rips off other NZ companies designs isn't there to make friends or help out....
Some of the other companies are sort of in bed with DoC so won't take a stance on much either.
Funding needs to come from us but donations always dry off over a short time, need a more reliable system.

IP Logged

cb14
Forum Font

Reply #8 - May 1st, 2016 at 3:03am
Print Post  
I'll make a donation.  But I tried the link and got this error message - Form not found! Sorry, the form you are looking for no longer exists.

IP Logged

Krico
Forum Font

Reply #9 - May 1st, 2016 at 3:51am
Print Post  
cb14 wrote on May 1st, 2016 at 3:03am:
I'll make a donation.† But I tried the link and got this error message - Form not found! Sorry, the form you are looking for no longer exists.

+1

IP Logged

pope
Donor Member

SAVE A HORSE, ride a cow
girl

Reply #10 - May 1st, 2016 at 4:35am
Print Post  
Just done it $100.00

IP Logged

Max
Donor Member

Reply #11 - May 1st, 2016 at 5:45am
Print Post  
Krico wrote on May 1st, 2016 at 3:51am:
cb14 wrote on May 1st, 2016 at 3:03am:
I'll make a donation.† But I tried the link and got this error message - Form not found! Sorry, the form you are looking for no longer exists.

+1

+1

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #12 - May 1st, 2016 at 6:12am
Print Post  
I stuffed it up, made a change but didn't change the link!! all ok now Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #13 - May 1st, 2016 at 6:13am
Print Post  
thanks heaps for the support guys, its heartening to see
cheers

IP Logged

X-POACHER-YEAH RYT
Donor Member

Have you ever hunted Middle
Earth?

Reply #14 - May 1st, 2016 at 7:00am
Print Post  
I'm in also, will dep. funds tomorrow. We have sufficient deer on our block for friends, rellies and ourselves, but must help to protect and conserve deer on public land for the ongoing benefit of all NZ hunters.

Get as close as you can, then get a bit closer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards