Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Ongaonga Nettle (Read 14073 times)
Sneaka

I love short range hunting

Re: Ongaonga Nettle
Reply #30 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
I had a young bitch go down after holding a smaller pig in a patch of it last year. She has a short coat. The other bitch with longer hair was fine. She was not good. I got an anti histo straight in to her and then got her home smartly to a vet. She was drinking a lot. Her urine was dark in colour. Checked with the vet and what the toxin does is strip the pigment out of the muscle tissue which then clogs up the kidneys and causes them to shut down partially or completely. The dark urine is pigment. Kidney tissue that dies does not restore itself. Dogs that get badly stung need to go on a drip to flush the kidneys and save them, which is what I did.

IP Logged

Rugerman
Donor Member

Bow Wow

Reply #31 - May 4th, 2018 at 8:36am
Print Post  
Shite, yeah doesn't sound like a very good time. I would think your longer hair girl was lucky since the spikes I've seen on some plants would go through a lot of stuff. Maybe a doggie raincoat or something but then that wont protect the face or legs. It's nasty crap alright.
Glad ya girl came right.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #32 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
How long did it take from sting to vet?

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Sneaka

I love short range hunting

Reply #33 - May 14th, 2018 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
About four hours. Was a wee way back in the hills. Sooner the better.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards