Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Re: Disgraceful Wapiti Video (Read 21200 times)
scotty162

wandering the ureweras
since 1992

Re: Disgraceful Wapiti Video
Reply #60 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 2:14am
Print Post  
Definitely needs to be taken to task for what he did sounds like a complete f.ckwit

IP Logged

mitch23

Reply #61 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 2:16am
Print Post  
Animal Welfare Act 1999

30A Wilful or reckless ill-treatment of wild animals or animals in wild state.

Here's the link:

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1999/0142/latest/link.aspx?id=DLM64753...

The Act is primarily administered by Ministry of Primary Industries.

“It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

IP Logged

Flintlock
Donor Member

Reply #62 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 2:19am
Print Post  
I have read the Animal Welfare Act with regards to this Video and this is the law I see affecting this case .
The Animal welfare act 1999 defines :  ( I have trimmed this to where the act affects this behaviour

animal—
(a)
means any live member of the animal kingdom that is—
(i)
a mammal; or

ill-treat, in relation to an animal, means causing the animal to suffer, by any act or omission, pain or distress that in its kind or degree, or in its object, or in the circumstances in which it is inflicted, is unreasonable or unnecessary

hunt or kill, in relation to animals, includes—
(a)
hunting, fishing, or searching for any animal and killing, taking, catching, trapping, capturing, tranquilising, or immobilising any animal by any means:
(b)
pursuing or disturbing any animal;—
and hunting or killing has a corresponding meaning

Animal Welfare Amendment Act (No 2) 2015 (2015 No 49).
30A Wilful or reckless ill-treatment of wild animals or animals in wild state
(1)
A person commits an offence if the person wilfully ill-treats a wild animal or an animal in a wild state.
(2)
A person commits an offence if the person recklessly ill-treats a wild animal or an animal in a wild state.
(3)
A defendant has a defence to a prosecution for an offence against subsection (1) or (2) if the defendant satisfies the court that the conduct alleged to constitute an offence is or is part of a generally accepted practice in New Zealand for the hunting or killing of wild animals of that type or animals in a wild state of that type.
(4)
In determining whether wilful or reckless ill-treatment of an animal has occurred, a court may treat an act or omission as lawful (and not subject to subsection (1) or (2)) if satisfied that—
(a)
the act or omission was done in the course of performing functions for the purposes of another Act; and
(b)
not to treat the act or omission as lawful would be contrary to the purpose and principles of that Act.
(5)
Nothing in subsection (1) or (2) applies to—
(a)
a wild animal in captivity (other than in captivity in a safari park); or
(b)
the accidental or inadvertent killing or harming of an animal; or
(c)
any act or omission necessary to protect a person’s life or safety.
(6)
Nothing in subsection (1) or (2) affects section 179 or 181.
(7)
A person who commits an offence against subsection (1) is liable on conviction,—
(a)
in the case of an individual, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or to a fine not exceeding $100,000, or to both:
(b)
in the case of a body corporate, to a fine not exceeding $500,000.
(8)
A person who commits an offence against subsection (2) is liable on conviction,—
(a)
in the case of an individual, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or to a fine not exceeding $75,000, or to both:
(b)
in the case of a body corporate, to a fine not exceeding $350,000.
Section 30A: inserted, on 10 May 2015, by section 20 of the Animal Welfare Amendment Act (No 2) 2015 (2015 No 49)
.[/i][/b]

The whole act can be found : http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1999/0142/latest/DLM49664.html?src=qs

Shooting is the most fun you can legally have with your clothes on .
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

IP Logged

MeatHunta
Donor Member

Reply #63 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 4:36am
Print Post  
The version of the act that Flintlock has posted is not the version that was in place in 2007.
If someone has a copy of the video, please forward it to the Ministry of Primary Industries, who are very hot on this stuff.
PM me for details if you need to know more.

IP Logged

Southendstalka
Donor Member

Reply #64 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 6:00am
Print Post  
Wheres the link to the vid?How come I can't see it Sad

IP Logged

Bowunter

Shoot to thrill

Reply #65 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 6:46am
Print Post  
Im pretty sure its been taken down.

IP Logged

dave m
Donor Member

Remington and BEAR keep
me honest!!

Reply #66 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 7:13am
Print Post  
any one know where to find the link?

you can't get a cold drink out of warm piss

IP Logged

snoopy

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #67 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Reading through the animal welfare act, how is 1080 poison legal?
Evan just a possum or rat still feel pain!
I've seen a few animals die of that including my dog, someone should be fined of jailed.
Talk about unnecessary and unreasonable😠

IP Logged

bullerexpress
Forum Font

stags blood...harts blood...hearts
blood

Reply #68 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Although this seems like a particularly bad example I am constantly amazed at what I see posted on You Tube.  IMO hunting struggles to come across well on video anyway as it is impossible to capture the emotions and intangibles involved.  However I can't see the sense in posting animals taking multiple shots, hard hit animals still struggling or holding their heads up or whatever. It doesn't matter that they are going to die quickly and probably in a state of shock it is still a negative image to a non hunter who can't hope to understand the context or how even a well hit animal may pass through a brief stage where it is neither fully alive or properly dead. 

A mate of mine videoed me shooting a big stag last roar.  Although it was a good chest shot the deer did run a hundred meters or so and as he was a goodie I shot him a couple more times until he was down. To me it was as good a job as could be done but on video it looked a bit messy and could have looked like a wounded stag being shot to bits to the unaware.  We didn't put It online and even for private use just showed the first shot and then the dead animal-its not that difficult to show a bit of sense and when thing do go wrong occasionally surely our egos aren't that huge that we can afford to make one kill without splashing it all over the place online.  No one else really cares anyway.

At least when SAFE got video of a few dumb f*ck dairy farmers/abbitior workers doing stupid shit they had to film it secretly.  The stupidest amongst us seem quite happy to post it online.

On your final day in a single moment all you own you would give for the things, that all your life were free.

IP Logged

hauraki hunter
Donor Member

Reply #69 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
snoopy wrote on Jan 24th, 2016 at 6:17pm:
Evan just a possum or rat still feel pain!
I've seen a few animals die of that including my dog, someone should be fined of jailed.
Talk about unnecessary and unreasonable��

Thats what i thought as well.

IP Logged

Ruger260
Forum Senior

It makes good reading

Reply #70 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Yep your correct there but DOC TB Free NZ and Regional Council are laws unto themselves.

IP Logged

SIKADDICTION.
Forum Font

Addicted to Sika hunting

Reply #71 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Greg Duley, NZ Hunter wrote on Jan 23rd, 2016 at 8:25pm:
The reason I and others asked Youtube to take the video down is in the wrong hands it could be hugely damaging to hunters. The likes of SAFE, PETA etc would make a lot of mileage out of something like this. It portrays hunter's as absolute uncaring Neanderthals. As usual with anything in life, its this tiny minority of retards that the rest of us will get judged on.
Unfortunately those who didn't see it before it was removed will now have to believe the rest of us that did, but here's a brief run down on what went on.

The guy shoots at what looks like a beautiful 3 year old 12 point Wapiti bull - exactly the sort of animal that must not be shot if the Wap herd is to have any future - we do not see the shooting, it starts with him talking about the shots and running out of ammo and the bull being wounded sitting down below him. He says he hit it in the back steaks, then in the guts, then in the lower jaw. Then it jumps to the bull standing in a little creek up to his belly, looking really crook and terrified, watching 'our hunter' standing maybe 5 metres away on the bank filming it all. This goes on for absolutely ages, with the hunter talking to and taunting the bull, evaluating the head, counting its points and dribbling on to the camera about his 'trophy', all while the poor animal is standing there in agony. Then he puts the camera down on the bank still running with it framed on the bull in the creek, then he slowly advances towards the bull, who lurches around and ends up jammed between the bank behind him and a big one metre high and three metre long rock in front of him. The hunter then climbs up on the rock in front of the animal (instead of coming over the bank from behind it), taunts and swears at it some more, then gets his knife out and leans down and starts repeatedly slashing the bull across the nose - this bit is particularly sickening and achieves absolutely nothing. Then he gets his roaring horn out and starts swinging it and bashing the bull around the face with it - again pointless cruelty. Eventually he reaches forwards and grabs the bulls antlers and manages to hold the poor animals head underwater long enough to drown it. He lets it go too soon, the bull tries to get its head above water again, and he swears at it and holds it under some more, then climbs up on the rock and starts yelling and yahooing up into the air and practically beating his chest like a rabid lunatic, then proceeds to tell the camera this is real hunting, this is what hunting is all about or words to that effect. The whole performance has gone on for an incredible length of time, maybe half an our or so from memory, and leaves you sick to the stomach watching it.

As I said earlier, there are a bunch of unforgivable things done here.

1. The stupidity of wounding the poor animal so badly in the first place for which there is no excuse. He was not a young beginner hunter. It was not long range from the way he describes it, but even if it was, he obviously wasn't capable of taking either the close or long shots he made. He ran out of ammo, was only carrying 3 rounds? He doesn't say how many shots he fired so maybe he was carrying more, maybe there are some misses he doesn't talk about, but his finishing shot in the lower jaw is just plain stupid if that was his last shot, after his shooting debacle up until that point. He should have put that in the boiler room to be sure.

2. The unnecessary bad taste taunting, and slashing and beating the bull about the face with knife and roaring horn, and then the yahooing and playing up to the camera afterwards was truly disgusting and sick.

3. The prolonged way he went about putting the poor animal out of its misery. If he couldn't go back to camp to get a mate or more ammo, drowning may well have been the best way, but not how he went about it.

4. Filming the whole debacle, why on earth would you?

5. Putting it proudly up on Youtube - not once but twice as it seems now, knowing the damage this could do to all hunters.

This sort of appalling display does make those of us who spend so much time fighting for the future of hunting and our big game animals wonder why we bother...

Thanks for that Greg, im glad i didnt see it as your run down of it was enough.  Cry

IP Logged

Matty-o

Reply #72 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 5:22am
Print Post  
@gonehuntin I would be happy to take a copy to the police station and lay a complaint if somebody hasnt already. Please pm me.

IP Logged

PORKCHOP
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #73 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 5:35am
Print Post  
snoopy wrote on Jan 24th, 2016 at 6:17pm:

What do you mean legal? Have you ever tried to buy it?

IP Logged

257weatherby
Just Joined

Reply #74 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 6:53am
Print Post  
I must live under a rock most of the time, had no idea about this, I guess generally, apart from the gang retards and their wannabe hangers on and their nasty bloody dog fight racket, I am unable to comprehend how any normal human could behave like has been described - I, for one, will not go looking for this vid, not sure I could take the content without having a meltdown and go track him down.

I do not understand why any of those that have this on usb or hard drive ect, have not at the least attempted to get justice served, I have come to generally despise the human race, those that behave as the person under discussion, and those that stand by and do nothing.

Feel free to correct me if some one has actually done something other than make noise.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards