Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Re: Disgraceful Wapiti Video (Read 21161 times)
C404
Forum Senior

Burung Hantu

Re: Disgraceful Wapiti Video
Reply #45 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 11:21am
Print Post  
wow.This has to be a new record!
3 pages of outrage over a thing nobody can see.

Not saying "it" is a thing we shouldnt be outraged against.
Just that I would like to see "it" before I post my own outrage....

“Reputation is an idle and most false imposition; oft got without merit, and lost without deserving.

― William Shakespeare

IP Logged

DB303
Donor Member

Reply #46 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
What calibre was he using?

IP Logged

Craigc
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #47 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
DB303 wrote on Jan 23rd, 2016 at 12:29pm:
What calibre was he using?

.22 by the sound of it!!!!

IP Logged

fletty
Forum Senior

Reply #48 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
If the video is from 2007 how come its 2016 before anything has been done about it, a comment suggest it has been on here before. I haven't seen the video but get the picture of what has happened.  Angry

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #49 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
I saw it on here last time.
was lot of comment, don't know if the author pulled it down then, or what

IP Logged

Greg Duley, NZ Hunter

NZ Hunter Magazine

Reply #50 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
The reason I and others asked Youtube to take the video down is in the wrong hands it could be hugely damaging to hunters. The likes of SAFE, PETA etc would make a lot of mileage out of something like this. It portrays hunter's as absolute uncaring Neanderthals. As usual with anything in life, its this tiny minority of retards that the rest of us will get judged on.
Unfortunately those who didn't see it before it was removed will now have to believe the rest of us that did, but here's a brief run down on what went on.

The guy shoots at what looks like a beautiful 3 year old 12 point Wapiti bull - exactly the sort of animal that must not be shot if the Wap herd is to have any future - we do not see the shooting, it starts with him talking about the shots and running out of ammo and the bull being wounded sitting down below him. He says he hit it in the back steaks, then in the guts, then in the lower jaw. Then it jumps to the bull standing in a little creek up to his belly, looking really crook and terrified, watching 'our hunter' standing maybe 5 metres away on the bank filming it all. This goes on for absolutely ages, with the hunter talking to and taunting the bull, evaluating the head, counting its points and dribbling on to the camera about his 'trophy', all while the poor animal is standing there in agony. Then he puts the camera down on the bank still running with it framed on the bull in the creek, then he slowly advances towards the bull, who lurches around and ends up jammed between the bank behind him and a big one metre high and three metre long rock in front of him. The hunter then climbs up on the rock in front of the animal (instead of coming over the bank from behind it), taunts and swears at it some more, then gets his knife out and leans down and starts repeatedly slashing the bull across the nose - this bit is particularly sickening and achieves absolutely nothing. Then he gets his roaring horn out and starts swinging it and bashing the bull around the face with it - again pointless cruelty. Eventually he reaches forwards and grabs the bulls antlers and manages to hold the poor animals head underwater long enough to drown it. He lets it go too soon, the bull tries to get its head above water again, and he swears at it and holds it under some more, then climbs up on the rock and starts yelling and yahooing up into the air and practically beating his chest like a rabid lunatic, then proceeds to tell the camera this is real hunting, this is what hunting is all about or words to that effect. The whole performance has gone on for an incredible length of time, maybe half an our or so from memory, and leaves you sick to the stomach watching it.

As I said earlier, there are a bunch of unforgivable things done here.

1. The stupidity of wounding the poor animal so badly in the first place for which there is no excuse. He was not a young beginner hunter. It was not long range from the way he describes it, but even if it was, he obviously wasn't capable of taking either the close or long shots he made. He ran out of ammo, was only carrying 3 rounds? He doesn't say how many shots he fired so maybe he was carrying more, maybe there are some misses he doesn't talk about, but his finishing shot in the lower jaw is just plain stupid if that was his last shot, after his shooting debacle up until that point. He should have put that in the boiler room to be sure.

2. The unnecessary bad taste taunting, and slashing and beating the bull about the face with knife and roaring horn, and then the yahooing and playing up to the camera afterwards was truly disgusting and sick.

3. The prolonged way he went about putting the poor animal out of its misery. If he couldn't go back to camp to get a mate or more ammo, drowning may well have been the best way, but not how he went about it.

4. Filming the whole debacle, why on earth would you?

5. Putting it proudly up on Youtube - not once but twice as it seems now, knowing the damage this could do to all hunters.

This sort of appalling display does make those of us who spend so much time fighting for the future of hunting and our big game animals wonder why we bother...

IP Logged

Wakato

Living the kiwi dream

Reply #51 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
That sounds fkn terrible and he should be held accountable for his actions. Huge outrage recently over cruelty to calves and rightly so, this sounds to be no different at all, a boy cut from the same cloth. I wonder what action could be taken against him?

IP Logged

DB303
Donor Member

Reply #52 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Enough said.... Time to delete the thread?

IP Logged

Bow Stalker
Donor Member

Reply #53 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the summary Greg. Maybe this needs to raised with the Police, sounds like he would potentially get jail time for animal cruelty and deserves jail time.

http://www.parliament.nz/en-nz/pb/legislation/bills/digests/49PLLawBD17431/anima...

IP Logged

murf

Reply #54 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Bow Stalker wrote on Jan 23rd, 2016 at 9:06pm:
Thanks for the summary Greg. Maybe this needs to raised with the Police, sounds like he would potentially get jail time for animal cruelty and deserves jail time.

http://www.parliament.nz/en-nz/pb/legislation/bills/digests/49PLLawBD17431/anima...

My thoughts exactly.

IP Logged

Kaboomfa

Reply #55 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
that is f**ked up beyond belief

IP Logged

Rich
Donor Member

Reply #56 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
shit I'm glad I never got to watch it, That guy sounds like a right f*ckn retard.

IP Logged

Deer hunter Duck Shooter

Reply #57 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
I will take your guys word for it, it was even hard enough to read about. One shot kills that is what we should all be aiming for.

IP Logged

jihad
Just Joined

Reply #58 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Sick.

A suggestion, maybe an administrator of this site who viewed the clip before it disappeared needs to visit a Police Station, write up a statement of what you saw,  and take along some evidence,  i.e. what the clip was called, and who uploaded it and the offenders details, which are easy to obtain.  It will be easy for the techs to bring it back, view it and decide what charges are appropriate.  I am sure this behavior constitutes someone who is not a fit and proper person to be in control of a firearm for a start, let alone the animal cruelty aspect.

If no one does anything, nothing will be done, and this moron will do it again...

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #59 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 12:40am
Print Post  
jihad wrote on Jan 24th, 2016 at 12:30am:
Sick.

A suggestion, maybe an administrator of this site who viewed the clip before it disappeared needs to visit a Police Station, write up a statement of what you saw,  and take along some evidence,  i.e. what the clip was called, and who uploaded it and the offenders details, which are easy to obtain.  It will be easy for the techs to bring it back, view it and decide what charges are appropriate.  I am sure this behavior constitutes someone who is not a fit and proper person to be in control of a firearm for a start, let alone the animal cruelty aspect.

If no one does anything, nothing will be done, and this moron will do it again...

my brother seen it and was highly disgusted in it. he downloaded it to usb just before it got removed. he probly to lazy to do anything about it but if someone on here wants to do something about it im sure he will be more then happy to get them a copy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards