Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic LINZ - Property,ownership and boundary data. (Read 6305 times)
oneipete
Donor Member

LINZ - Property,ownership and boundary data.
Dec 30th, 2015 at 8:02am
Print Post  
Want to freely and easily find out who owns that land to contact for hunting access or how much of an area it covers ?

http://www.linz.govt.nz/data/licensing-and-using-data/linz-licence-for-personal-...

Go to the above link and follow the easy instructions. A licence is granted usually within a day or so.Mine took about 4 hours. You will need to create an account. Nothing costs,it is all totally free,

Then go to this link and tick the data you want applied to the map.  I mostly use the  - Property titles including owners.

https://data.linz.govt.nz/data/category/property-ownership-boundaries/

Using the historic databases you can find out who owned where as far back as the records go.You can also find out where the "paper" roads are situated.

Great things never happen in comfort zones. Great ideas never develop after a few quiet bottles of water..

IP Logged

MeatHunta
Donor Member

Re: LINZ - Property,ownership and boundary data.
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Pete,
Thanks for the tip - great info there.

I'm registered, but my neurons fire differently to yours and I can't find the property owners. The second link you provided does not show owners for "privacy reasons" (e.g. If I look at my place it says it's freehold with 2 owners, but it doesn't say who they are). What am I doing wrong? Where is the history link? Can you pop up a screen shot?

Cheers

IP Logged

TJ
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

EBRG forever- Cher, cher
Bro

Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Mate, you have to buy that information

IP Logged

MeatHunta
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Thanks TJ, I got all excited for nothing when the OP said this:

oneipete wrote on Dec 30th, 2015 at 8:02am:
Want to freely and easily find out who owns that land to contact for hunting access or how much of an area it covers ?
Using the historic databases you can find out who owned where as far back as the records go.You can also find out where the "paper" roads are situated.

IP Logged

TJ
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

EBRG forever- Cher, cher
Bro

Reply #4 - Jan 20th, 2016 at 12:15am
Print Post  
I used to work for Lands and Survey, DOSLI and LINZ over a 30 year period so have a wee bit of a background on what they have and what they put out for free

IP Logged

MeatHunta
Donor Member

Reply #5 - Jan 20th, 2016 at 2:10am
Print Post  
Ahh, but I have now received a second email from LINZ authorising me to view property owners' names - and it works  Cool
I take it all back oneipete
What's your address TJ?

IP Logged

HiTop
Forum Font

Tops by dawn, a day in
heaven

Reply #6 - Jan 20th, 2016 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Did the same as you MH.... now I can see.  Thanks OEP.

IP Logged

Torana
Forum Font

Hunting and Old Holdens
is what its all about!!

Reply #7 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
TJ wrote on Jan 20th, 2016 at 12:15am:
I used to work for Lands and Survey, DOSLI and LINZ over a 30 year period so have a wee bit of a background on what they have and what they put out for free

From above it looks as if it works TJ!

IP Logged

TJ
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

EBRG forever- Cher, cher
Bro

Reply #8 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 3:35am
Print Post  
I would love to know where they are getting the data from, obviously it is from LINZ but on speaking with my wife who still works there she also finds it hard to imagine that they give it out at nil cost. There is also the privacy situation

IP Logged

sidney
Forum Font

Reply #9 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 3:39am
Print Post  
Land Ownership  and title information is a matter of public record... it is not private.

However access to that information can either be difficult or hard to isolate and various groups will provide that service for a fee.

But paying fees doesn't not change the privacy status either way...

"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice!"  Nietzsche

IP Logged

oneipete
Donor Member

Reply #10 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 12:18pm
Print Post  

All I can say is IT IS FREE , it works and its been worth is weight in gold to me over the past decade,so I thought id share it

If you cant get it to work at first,dont kick my ass via pm, because it does work.

Follow what I said in the original post and After you have registered you will then be granted access. Registering alone wont gain you access,you have to wait for the then following email saying you now have authorization.

« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2016 at 10:01pm by oneipete »  

Great things never happen in comfort zones. Great ideas never develop after a few quiet bottles of water..

IP Logged

Wanda_Ra
Donor Member

firearmtrader.co.nz

Reply #11 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:27am
Print Post  
Just an update  Re an email I received today.

=======================================
Good afternoon

Licence change

Land Information New Zealand (LINZ) has been reviewing its terms and conditions for the use of personal data accessed on the LINZ Data Service.

We’ve done this after receiving feedback from members of the public who are concerned that this data may have been used for direct marketing. While we aim to make our data open and available where possible, we do also need to ensure we act as a responsible custodian of this data.

We believe that prohibiting direct marketing will ensure New Zealanders can have confidence that we’re using this data responsibly while still allowing its reasonable use, and have updated the LINZ Licence For Personal Data to reflect this.

This licence will come into effect on Wednesday 14 September. Please familiarise yourself with the updated LINZ Licence for Personal Data in advance.

Read the updated LINZ Licence for Personal Data on the LDS website

What you need to do

We will be removing your access to the Owner Data –Controlled Access Group and all data contained within this Group on the evening of Tuesday 13 September. You will need to re-apply for access to the Group and accept the new licence from Wednesday 14 September.

Once you accept the new licence terms and download any data under the updated licence, this licence will also apply to all previously obtained data.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind regards,
The LINZ Data Service Team

firearmtrader.co.nz

IP Logged

Wanda_Ra
Donor Member

firearmtrader.co.nz

Reply #12 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Last night we removed your access to the LINZ Data Service Owner Data Controlled Access Group providing access to data that contains personal information.

Re-apply for access now                                    

If you want to continue using personal data accessed from this Group, you can now reapply for access and accept the new licence terms.

Apply for access through the Owner Data Controlled Access Group on LDS

Please remember to carefully review all the terms and conditions of the LINZ Licence For Personal Data 2.0 before accepting the new licence.

Read the LINZ Licence For Personal Data 2.0 on the LDS website

Read a summary of the licence on the LINZ website

You must re-apply by 30 September

As is covered by the terms of the LINZ Licence For Personal Data, if you do not re-apply for access by 30 September, LINZ requests that you delete any data previously obtained under any version of this licence.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind regards,
The LINZ Data Service Team

firearmtrader.co.nz

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards