Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic DOC Staff Going On Strike as They Don't "Feel Valued" (Read 2541 times)
X-POACHER-YEAH RYT
Donor Member

Have you ever hunted Middle
Earth?

DOC Staff Going On Strike as They Don't "Feel Valued"
Nov 2nd, 2015 at 2:43am
Print Post  
Well, my personal opinion is, that I do value most of the endeavours of DOC field staff. Just can't agree with some of the "office wallahs' " policies.

Get as close as you can, then get a bit closer.

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: DOC Staff Going On Strike as They Don't "Feel Valued"
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:29am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Grandad
Forum Font

sonofthemist

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:41am
Print Post  
If Mr Sanson doesn't watch it, the department will be allowed by this government to just quietly fold up and go away.  And even I would not support that.

The fraternity of shooters is rather like the fraternity of blind men -- each one walks alone.&&: Ian Niall.

IP Logged

Weathered
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Amor Fati

Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Being DOC is a double edged sword.  On one side DoC pretty much get to do what they want to do within their statutory brief.  Thats great for DoC they get on with what they think they should do which is usually the right thing with minimal interference.  Who really checks on their work?
On the other hand DoC are marginalised in terms of electorate support.  Most people never actually visit, use or value the land in DoC's stewardship.
With a generous climate under the Clark govt, DoC flourished.  Under the reign Key DoC and the values it protects have been marginalised.
For what they do DoC people do a great job often going the extra for free.

Doc may be a victim of its own success it was voted best employer of 2015  http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/better-business/69386424/Department-of-Conservat...

Obviously National are out to change that pretty damn quick

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

IP Logged

stug
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
A 0.4% pay offer is pretty rude, when you consider most other govt employees are/have got 2%.
Good on them for working to rule.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards