Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) And the Prizes "Applause" (Read 5214 times)
hairy
Forum Font

Member of Fishnhunt since

Re: And the Prizes "Applause"
Reply #15 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 12:31am
Print Post  
To get people to become members of the forum and contribute something.  It costs nothing and benefits the advertisers.  Why would we let anyone who contributes nothing get everything for free.

"The universe and human stupidity are the only two things that are infinite; and I am unsure about the first" Albert Einstien
YouTube  
IP Logged

MADNESS
Forum Font

Reply #16 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Plenty of scabs out there who give nothing back just trolling through here for info and places to hunt.

Can guarantee that every report posted where the location is given away or is able to be guessed will attract hunters to that spot that never would have gone there other wise

Despite the rising cost of living it still remains popular

IP Logged

MikeB
Donor Member

Hunting anywhere and everywhere

Reply #17 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 1:55am
Print Post  
I am of the opinion that anyone who gets useful advice or simply enjoyment from reading reports on here owes us nothing. Anything I have posted on here that I think might be of use to someone is for anyone to see not just members.

Visitors see the advertisements regardless of if they are a member or not so there is no additional benefit for advertisers and seeing the richer content on here like the reports is what made me join and start contributing in the first place.

I like it being public, nothing to hide around here.

IP Logged

MADNESS
Forum Font

Reply #18 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 4:32am
Print Post  
I'm all for helping guys out with info and spots in fact you would have to go a long way to find someone that has helped more people with info, tips and spots to hunt with detailed maps etc than me but.....
I'm only willing to help out those that show a bit of enthusiasm and initiative not those that just sit back and bludge everything they can get.

I've been talking to a few other members recently about starting a thread to help out a young hunter with no roll model or anyone to show them the ropes. An apprentice type thing, Watch this space

Despite the rising cost of living it still remains popular

IP Logged

hairy
Forum Font

Reply #19 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Exactly madness. I have done the same. If Alan could say we have 10,000 registered members then it would make an huge difference to the forum.  Instead there is no reason to contribute.

"The universe and human stupidity are the only two things that are infinite; and I am unsure about the first" Albert Einstien
YouTube  
IP Logged

chris
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

a setter is better!

Reply #20 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
MADNESS wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 4:32am:
I'm all for helping guys out with info and spots in fact you would have to go a long way to find someone that has helped more people with info, tips and spots to hunt with detailed maps etc than me but.....
I'm only willing to help out those that show a bit of enthusiasm and initiative not those that just sit back and bludge everything they can get.

I've been talking to a few other members recently about starting a thread to help out a young hunter with no roll model or anyone to show them the ropes. An apprentice type thing, Watch this space

i put forward a similar idea a while back mad but it got no traction.

IP Logged

Rumpy
Donor Member

Wishing I was out in the
hills.

Reply #21 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 4:37am
Print Post  
Back to the subject,

Congratulations to all the winners, great stories written by all. Smiley

.270 WIN   AWESOME SINCE 1925       "REMEMBER THE 6 P's" POOR PREPARATION PROVIDES PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

IP Logged

Stretch
Donor Member

Reply #22 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 9:57am
Print Post  
bloody good to see hairy's boy getting a few prizes. that should suss him out for a while. there are a few good buggers on this forum alright!

I would have put my report up but I just put it in the reports section as it was more about my learning about sika than anything of any size being taken..didnt think it was worthy.

theres always next year though Smiley

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #23 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Gentlemen, there are prizes on the way to all those that have sent me a mail address.

Amazingly some of you prize winners have not passed a mail address on to me. Perhaps youve not been online and have been outside actually hunting.  Shocked

No hurry but it would be nice to get it all sorted out.  Smiley

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

cleaky
Forum Font

... pass me my 16 gauge,
I'll handle this ...

Reply #24 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Torch arrived today, thanks Headcase!

So far I've blinded 2 staff. Must stop tutu-ing with it.

It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #25 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 5:34am
Print Post  
Didnt your Mum ever tell you youll go blind if you play with it too much.  Smiley

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

hairy
Forum Font

Reply #26 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 8:41am
Print Post  
Thanks heaps hc. Scope and torch arrived today. Primo.  Where do tyou get batteries for them?

YouTube  
IP Logged

MikeB
Donor Member

Hunting anywhere and everywhere

Reply #27 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Magazine and Diesel Voucher turned up last night too

Cheers!

IP Logged

hairy
Forum Font

Reply #28 - Aug 18th, 2015 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Jesus H CHrist.... I just got some batteries for that torch and nearly burnt a hole in the F'n curtains...  That is an insane bit of kit.  I feel a bit like Luke Skywalker carrying that around.  Will be far to dangerous for Flynn to have all the time.... I will need to take care of it till he is old enough.  Grin Grin Wink  

YouTube  
IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #29 - Aug 18th, 2015 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
MADNESS wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 4:32am:

Actually I have been going to set up a young hunters thread but keep forgetting to do it.... Im wondering if we make it that only a certain age and under can post and then what age would that be...

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards