Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) My Tilly with her 50th deer. (Read 44346 times)
BC
Donor Member

Re: My Tilly with her 50th deer.
Reply #255 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Micky Duck wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 8:36pm:
one trick that my bro in law taught me years ago and has always been a winner was to teach my dogs to "have a drink/swim" I can USUALLY send dog 100-200 yards down into creek and get them to lay down in pool of water (I say usually cause sometimes they encounter a wallaby on the way Grin)   its become a thing I always do when going past water and it really helps to keep dogs going.
great to hear Tilly back up and running.

Smiley Yeah. Tilly has a "have a drink" command on her, and its a good idea. I'm an old shepherd & farmer.

Sometimes I will say "have a drink to her" and she will walk over to the creek, water bowl or what ever and if she's not thirsty she hangs her head down by the water and just stands there. Sheila's eh, always shamming it. Smiley

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #256 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Here's the pics:

#93 & #94

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #257 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 11:15am
Print Post  
I wonder what Tilly calls herself when meeting other dogs.  Smiley

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

X-POACHER-YEAH RYT
Donor Member

Have you ever hunted Middle
Earth?

Reply #258 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
I'm Tilly the beacon lamp, leading my master to expired/expiring game in the fast approaching darkness.  Grin

Get as close as you can, then get a bit closer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards