Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Dump shit you do as kids! (Read 34735 times)
uk_exile
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Re: Dump shit you do as kids!
Reply #30 - Oct 24th, 2019 at 7:57am
Print Post  
Ronny wrote on Oct 24th, 2019 at 2:15am:
One weekend when I was about 7, my family was visiting the grandparents in Chch. They had a fish pond that ducks would sometimes land on, to eat weed I suppose. I used to throw stones at them but never hit one.Well, this particular day, one of those ducks landed on the roof of the house. I'd never seen that before.I found a suitable rock, took aim and let rip. My aim was a little low. It hit the underside of the outdoor trellis and bounced off the concrete below. Luckily the French doors were wide open...it was summer I guess. Unluckily, it flew through the doors and smashed the TV screen that my parents and grandparents were busy watching in the lounge. Time stood still for a few seconds, then I decided it was better not to stick around and did a runner to the park down the road, where I hid for a couple of hours. When I finally went back, my (true) story wasn't believed and I got a few whacks on the arse from Dad and was in the bad books for quite a while.
I remember Dad and my grandfather discussing what to tell the insurance company. I think they decided on saying I knocked a chair over into the screen.

True story. I was mowing lawn (recent years, not when still a kid) and a stone from rotary mower decided it don't want to smash the large window but instead go through the small gap where window was open and smash the TV. Insurance was fine with it. Assessor did joke clear glass was than TV glass

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards