Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dump shit you do as kids! (Read 25738 times)
jakkos
Forum Senior

There is one stop after
the trigger is pulled

Re: Dump shit you do as kids!
Reply #15 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
My brother and a mate of ours were going into the Kaimanawas for an extended trip. Knowing the size of trout and the depth of some of the pools in the particular river we were going to be at, we decided that a few sticks of explosive stuff would be good insurance for getting a feed. We had done the trip a couple of years before and took a telescopic rod with us but the fish proved too hard to catch. The explosive was under my brothers house and had been there for quite a while in a wooden box. Come the day to sort out gear for the fight in bro crawls under the house and said quietly "Oh Shit" He came out with a very white face and said the box was sweat coverd. Knowing  that this was dangerous stuff we were very careful in dragging the box out. We put it on the back of my Holden ute Took my brothers .270 and slowly drove out to a nearby beach. We headed south down the coast from Hokio settlement towards the Ohau river. That section of beach was quite deserted and the sand dunes ran a long way back before reaching farmland. we carried the box over the first couple of dunes and put it on the sand. We walked away to a safe distance where my brother put a shot into the box. There was a huge bang and quite an impressive crater appeared where the box had been. I am sure that none of the three of us handled that stuff again. I thought later as I got older and more sense (maybe) Imagine if there had been a house fire at my brothers place. The fools we were. Wink

be good...And careful

IP Logged

Ernie
Donor Member

Bugger. never trust your
safety catch

Reply #16 - Oct 19th, 2015 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Not even as a kid, but about 25/26 yrs old. This guy had a gun shop in the UK, still has in fact so wont name him. if it was quiet he would lock the front door, put the closed sign up and me and him would chase around shooting each other with BB guns. He reckoned people kept commenting on new hunt coats with BB's in pockets and hoods and he said dont know  !!

GTalk  
IP Logged

trip
Donor Member

7mm08 Tika T3

Reply #17 - Jan 3rd, 2016 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Me and a mate were playing round with his slug gun which turned into a shooting comp which he won. I then bet him he couldn't fire it through his toes between his big one and the next one he tried and ended up shattering his toe the x ray looked like a spider web Grin Grin

I SWEAR IT WAS THIS BIG.......YEAH RIGHT!!!

IP Logged

Aunty
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Forum Slapper

Reply #18 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 7:00am
Print Post  
My dad and I were cleaning out a family friends deceased estate property when I was about 9 years old.

In the workshop we found an old javelin which my old man told me I could have and play with in the paddock next to home.

This was the 70's and I had seen these things of great wonder being thrown on the TV from time to time. I instantly had hopes and aspirations of being an Olympic javelin thrower, or at the worst, a great hunter of possums.

Anyway, I got home that evening and decided that it was as good a time as any for a few practice throws, no doubt the commencement of a great sporting career.

On the other side of the paddock was another house owned by a lovely old couple, the Aspinalls.

I decided in my wisdom that I would have a practice throw in the direction of their house, never believing that on my first attempt I could possibly throw more than 10-20 meters.

I launched that javelin to the point my right arm damn near dislocated, but that was not the problem.

The problem was is that it sailed perfectly, and went right through the fibrolite cladding of the neighbours, and extended through the gib into the interior of their house , sticking out about halfway inside and outside, jammed there.

To further compound matters the Aspinalls were having dinner watching TV at the time, and this thing suddenly appeared just above their TV.

As I said this was the 70's, it was legal to smack your kids, and I still remember the sore ass I got over that one.

Dad had to fix the neighbours house and the javelin ended up at the dump, in 2 pieces.

Full tit. Nothing else.
IP Logged

TJ
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

EBRG forever- Cher, cher
Bro

Reply #19 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

dvostvo

i'll be back at 5 to ....

Reply #20 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
some classics here !!!
used to chuck live 22 shells down the steep hill over from our house back of  town , manuka and bush growing either side of the road  ...they'd crack off on the tarseal and fire off into the trees ( no houses around that side ) twacking bush and branches galore ..my brother and thought this is great fun for us 10-12 years old , till one whistled passed between us into the bank behind ..game over ! ..lucky . dumb shit as kids .

holy smoke ..did ya see the size of that lil buga !
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Salmoner
Donor Member

I love salmon fishin

Reply #21 - Mar 26th, 2019 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Brilliant thread i been laughing and laughing, thanks for bringing it back.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards