Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dump shit you do as kids! (Read 12355 times)
Goat007

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Dump shit you do as kids!
Jun 30th, 2015 at 1:50am
Print Post  
My mate and I both owned 22 slug guns and our houses faced each other across my dad's paddock approx 100 yards apart. We used to stand facing each other and allowing for the pellet drop had turns shooting at each other. Very rare to actually hit each other but the odd time we did it stung like shit and left a damn good bruise. Standing in front of the house with pellets pinging all around was a hoot! What stopped this silly game was my mates dad walking out behind him through the ranch slider, coffee in hand just as I fired off a round - hit him right in the kneecap making him spill his coffee all over himself. I could hear him bellowing from 100 yards away so bolted for the protection of my tree hut leaving the gun behind where I dropped it. Not great timing as dad just arrived home from the work at the Abbys as my mates dad came storming up to the house fair ranting and raving he was. I refused to come down to get a hiding from the tree hut so dad started his chainsaw and started to cut down the tree. Boy did that get me down in a hurry! Wasnt until years later I realised how empty the threat was of cutting down the tree as was a 60 year old Mac that had about a 10 foot girth and dad's chainsaw was an Echo with about a 12-14 inch bar. I think by memory I was about 10-11 at the time.

IP Logged

.threeoeight
Forum Senior

Re: Dump shit you do as kids!
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 2:44am
Print Post  
Seems weve got a bit in common there Goat.

Both myself and two younger brothers had hospital visits to get slugs out of feet and bums etc.

Shot a mina bird on the neighbours roof one day and said neighbour came out in full police uniform. Made me get up and retrieve it. Then a show and tell with the old man.

No pocket money and a few weekends painting the guys fence fixed that one. Strangly still allowed to keep the slug gun though. Smiley

Its the nut behind the butt, that counts.

IP Logged

bufferzone
Donor Member

Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 6:12am
Print Post  
i remember tryn to punch a hole in a .22 round with a hammer and nail, tryn to make a cool guy necklace,couldnt do it so i gave up, i think about it now and wonder why it didnt go off?

IP Logged

Goat007

Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
We got a bit pickled at new years up bush and decided to throw box 22 bullets in the fire and hide behind short bits of corragated iron and sit round the fire waiting expectantly for them to go off. Took ages and most of us were peeping around the edge of our bits of iron before the shit the fan so to speak. First couple that hit the iron must have had something to push off, maybe ended up against bit of firewood, but went straight through the iron and scared the shit out of us. Most of us tossed the iron and gapped it but we all agreed from our hiding places in the scrub that only about 10-15 bullets max actually went off so ended up out in the dark for next 10 minutes until we figured must be safe again!

IP Logged

ICEMAN
Forum Font

Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Family  sitting around the lounge fireplace when my 4 yr old little brother threw a pkt of .22s into the roaring fire, was a bit disappointed with the result really, a few fizzers and some pops, was a bit of ash etc spilled out, we all cautiously followed mum back in  a few minutes later, me holding a very hot left ear from the slapping, apparently it was my fault for leaving the cartridges laying about in my room. Grin

IP Logged

shankspony
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 12:24am
Print Post  
Goat007 wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 1:50am:
My mate and I both owned 22 slug guns and our houses faced each other across my dad's paddock approx 100 yards apart. We used to stand facing each other and allowing for the pellet drop had turns shooting at each other. Very rare to actually hit each other but the odd time we did it stung like shit and left a damn good bruise. Standing in front of the house with pellets pinging all around was a hoot! What stopped this silly game was my mates dad walking out behind him through the ranch slider, coffee in hand just as I fired off a round - hit him right in the kneecap making him spill his coffee all over himself. I could hear him bellowing from 100 yards away so bolted for the protection of my tree hut leaving the gun behind where I dropped it. Not great timing as dad just arrived home from the work at the Abbys as my mates dad came storming up to the house fair ranting and raving he was. I refused to come down to get a hiding from the tree hut so dad started his chainsaw and started to cut down the tree. Boy did that get me down in a hurry! Wasnt until years later I realised how empty the threat was of cutting down the tree as was a 60 year old Mac that had about a 10 foot girth and dad's chainsaw was an Echo with about a 12-14 inch bar. I think by memory I was about 10-11 at the time.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

sika sneaker
Just Joined

Reply #6 - Jul 3rd, 2015 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
It would be rude of me to sit here wetting my pants and not add. 10-12 years old my friend and i just knew enough to be dangerous. We had been shooting shit with a slug pistol and had a few co2 empties so as you do we made bombs out of them. We half filled them with the old mans shotgun powder, added a wick and crimped. We blew some huge holes in a clay face (neat) then we tossed one into the 44gallon workshop rubbish drum. Well shrapnel cut right through the drum and flew all around us, and we half caught the workshop on fire. We didnt need a telling off as we knew how lucky we had been

IP Logged

ryansonghurst
Donor Member

Reply #7 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 10:47am
Print Post  
sika sneaker wrote on Jul 3rd, 2015 at 10:49pm:
It would be rude of me to sit here wetting my pants and not add. 10-12 years old my friend and i just knew enough to be dangerous. We had been shooting shit with a slug pistol and had a few co2 empties so as you do we made bombs out of them. We half filled them with the old mans shotgun powder, added a wick and crimped. We blew some huge holes in a clay face (neat) then we tossed one into the 44gallon workshop rubbish drum. Well shrapnel cut right through the drum and flew all around us, and we half caught the workshop on fire. We didnt need a telling off as we knew how lucky we had been

Haha, I somehow got wind of the fact you could make explosives from diesel and super phosphate fertiliser so I spent days and days pinching diesel out of my dads farm diesel tank and hiding down in the forestry behind our house trying to get an explosion.... Finally on one day I had an ice cream container full of a brew I made up and it actually exploded....... Made the biggest BOOOOM I ever heard and the gorse bush I put it under disappeared, along with about half a ton of dirt, left a huge crater in the ground and an even bigger cloud of black smoke in the air. When I went back to the house dad asked me if I heard a big boom, denied I heard anything, but my face that was plastered in dirt from the crater my bomb made told a different story, I thought I had got away with it but years later dad told me he knew it was me.

IP Logged

Goat007

Reply #8 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Another one of our not so clever idea's was as we were driving up the Kaurarapaoa Road looking for a veni dumb enough to stand still for us to shoot from the car window (getting worse by the minute but we were only 15-16) Anyway, our favourite method was to get prepared at "Hot Spots" and the passenger with the rifle, normally a semi auto 22 for quietness and heaps of repeat shots, would put his feet on the seat, bum on the window opening, and rest his arm and shoulder on the roof ready to shoot. I might add that we had great success using this method and very rarely went home without a deer or two. Anyway this particular day we had our younger cousin along and he was designated the shooter and was set up in shooting position on passengers side. As I drove around the corner I saw a overhanging tree on side of the road and thought, or didnt, what the hell and swung the car onto the verge and under the tree. I was expecting cursing etc but wasnt expecting my young cousin being ripped out the window, gun included of course and dumped on his arse on the road verge. Shit we were pissing ourselves in the car and thought that was the funniest thing we had seen. He came storming up to the car ranting about us being right bastards and pointing to the numerous scratches on his face. As he jumped back into the car he must have had his finger on the trigger of the rifle and shot a hole clean through the floor of the car. That shut up the laughter there and then with the realisation that we had just had a close one - like I said at start of post - damn we got away with some dumb shit as kids.

IP Logged

.threeoeight
Forum Senior

Reply #9 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 2:43am
Print Post  
OK heres another of mine.
Mate had a slug pistol that we drilled out the end of the barrel just deep enough to except a .22 bullet.
So we would load up the slug in the normal way and put a.22 in the end and the slug would fire off the .22.
I was holding it up for my shot when I fired. I think the casing of the .22 shared off and came back and sliced my knuckle up pretty good.
Off to hospital and got it stitched up.
Back to the sheep yards and we had a slug rifle and said pistol were we came up with the brain wave of pulling the small wooden seed heads of a shrub we found and most fitted ok.
So its shoot out at the OK carral and some how a normal slug got mixed into my ammo stash and I let it fly.
Well it was an awesum shot, straight into my mates mouth.
Hit his lower lip and nearly knocked his tooth out.
Back up to the hospital and mate had to get his lip stitched up.
The nurse [same one that stitched me up] wanted to know what the hell we were up to.
We gave up after that.

Its the nut behind the butt, that counts.

IP Logged

Scrapper
Donor Member

Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 11:39am
Print Post  
A mate and I thought we'd do a bit of stunt shooting with our slug guns.The plan was hatched I'd shoot a water balloon out of his hand,piece of piss right.We weren't going to be stupid about it or anything lol,he was going to hold the balloon with a clothes peg,and I was going to use target slugs not the pointed hunting one's just in case I shot him,no chance of that though because I was going to be a sniper in the army lol.So with all safety precautions in place I go back to my mark line up on the balloon and squeeze the trigger.Aaaaaahhh f#*#*k you just shot my thumb you f###**ken ar#*ehole.F##k sorry mate lucky I only used the target slugs

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Reply #11 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 4:36am
Print Post  
Great thread!

When we were teenagers we group of us decided we would go camping.  Being too young to have guns to keep ourselves amused we decieded the next best was booze and explosives.  To that end everyone got tasked with asking their parents for some beer and one bloke got tasked with the explosives.

Explosive bloke went to the supermarket, read all the warning lables on the hairspray and brought a selection of the ones with the most warnings about being explosive.

On the beer front I knew it was hopeless so didn't bother asking my parents to buy any.  The best I could do was buy some liqueur ice cream with 2% alcohol.

The second guy could only get his parents to buy low alcohol beer.
The third bloke got the explosives so he was off the hook.
The fourth bloke hit the jackpot and got actual beer.

So we set up camp, put the beer in the creek and the parents came to check on us \ wish us well.  As soon as they left my excited mate (explosives bloke) decided to celebrate by throwning a hair spray can on the fire. BOOM! embers scattered all over one guys tent and the parents came streight back to find out what all the fuss was about.  Not being able to think up a credible excise all I could say was we put a hair spray can on the fire.  Much tutt tutting.

After we finally got rid of them we went to the creek to start our massive piss up only to find the beer had floated downstream.  Much walking until we finally found it.

Finally we had our combined ice cream\lite beer\beer piss up and much fun was had.  The highligh of the evening was discovering that you could actually light your farts on fire but you had to time it right and it was worth wearing underpants in order to avoid a scortched anus.

Good times.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

johnd
Donor Member

I Love The smell of gunpowder

Reply #12 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 6:22am
Print Post  
We used to sneak dets and det cord from a mates old man, that had them.
After blowing holes in banks and stuff we moved on to better things. School holidays were spent shooting rats at the local tip, after a weeks work we had filled a 44 gal drum. And by now shooting with the slug guns had become a bit so so .... and maybe we had run out of pellets.

Someone had dropped off a lot of paint, and we found out it would burn. We trapped a live rat in a paint tin ( empty ) Poured paint all over a slab of timber, set it on fire and floating in the sewage pond next door to the dump.
Wicked up a det and a long fuse. Dropped it in the tin and jammed the lid back on, pushed it out onto the pond and waited for the ensuing detonation.
We thought we had all the bases covered, if the rat didnt blow up it would certainly die in the flames and if that didnt do it it would drown in the shit.

Tin went "BOOM" lid flew off, blew out flames, rat staggered out of tin, jumped into the water and swam to shore!!

Geez I hate rats 

Next mission was to paint our hut, nah not with paint brushes, we set  dets in an AGEE jar half filled with paint.

Excellent plan, "bang!" pink hut ..... yeah I know .....pink! Kinda worked but we got pissed off picking shards of glass out of our arse cheeks when we sat down. 

IP Logged

Sayonara
Donor Member

Always ready to learn

Reply #13 - Oct 10th, 2015 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
A variation on  using a .177 air pellet as a firing pin was my attempt to discharge a 12g shotgun shell soldering wired to the end of the BSA Meteor and held in by the case holder from my old mans 12g reloading kit.
Down to the river, wire it up, squeeze the trigger and the intended target, a black back gull, squawks and flies away whilst the now bent and buggered air rifle smokes and smolders whilst I pick myself up from the "ass on the rocks" position the recoil induced.
Very un nerving.

IP Logged

jakkos
Forum Senior

There is one stop after
the trigger is pulled

Reply #14 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 5:45am
Print Post  
A couple for yah. First was when I somehow came to be in possession of a couple of .303 live rounds at the age of twelve. I found out that to make the things go off a sharpish pin had to hit the centre of that round thing at the back of the shell. I wanted to get the projectile so I could drill a hole in it to put on a string around my neck. (a cool necklace for a young kid at school) I clamped the bullet in the vice point down. (I didn't want to loose that projectile) Grabbed the hammer, and for some strange reason decided that I would hold the centre punch in a pair of pliers rather than my fingers. I smacked the punch into that round bit on the bum of the shell. Bits of brass flew around the place. My ears were ringing, the garage window by the workbench was broken, and I nearly crapped myself. The shock and the noise put me off trying the second one. When mum asked what had happened to the window I told the absolute truth. "I hit something with the hammer in the vice and the force made it jump out of the vice into the glass and broke it.

be good...And careful

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards