Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic UFO - Maybe? (Read 5212 times)
Goat007

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

UFO - Maybe?
Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
This is a true story that my parents told us years ago. Happened in Wanganui,in the Mangiati Valley, up the Kaurarapaoa Road some 45-50 years ago. Deer prices were at a all time high and Dad would shoot 2-4 deer every weekend, spotlighting with Mum on the Light, and earn same if not more than his wage at the Abbys. Time was approx 10pm and they were just heading into the block, 150 yards in from the road on the most darkest night possible. They were walking quietly along using only a hand torch as were still 200-300 yards away from where they would normally spotlight. Dad stopped and started gazing around as it was getting lighter and lighter and torch was not even needed to see any more. This carried on for next 15-20 seconds until it was near daylight with entire valley clear as with visability like it was lunchtime! There was a rushing sound described like a high speed car passing but no actual noise just a massive disturbance of air. Mum said all the hair was standing up on back of her neck and she was shivering uncontrollably. They both state they never actually saw anything pass but both knew something had and it was real fast. As quick as the area was lite up it slowly faded to absolute darkness again so Dad went to turn the torch back on but it wouldnt go. He then tried to turn on the spotlight which also wouldnt go. He fumbled around in his pack and found spare batteries for torch but they wouldnt work and were also dead flat. The only light they had was Dads old gas lighter so they stumbled and tripped their way back the 150 yards back to the car only to find the battery was shot in car also and would not go! End result was a buggered spotlight battery and car battery as both were completely shot and needed replacing. All the torch batteries were also completely dead also. I still own my now deceased Dad's watch and it is still set on 10.03 where it stopped - he never reset it as even if wound up it didnt go anyway.

IP Logged

Sikakila
Donor Member

'Every day above ground..is
a good day!

Re: UFO - Maybe?
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Far out man that's some freaky sh*t right there!
I blame Iceman personaly! Grin Shocked

IP Logged

.threeoeight
Forum Senior

Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 2:46am
Print Post  
Myself and two mates were coming home in the dinghy across the inlet at 3.00 am in the morning when we saw 3 different bright star like lights zooming around the sky. At times they would come together then whisk across the sky in no pattern.

For twenty mins we were watching them absolutely gob smacked.

No we hadn't been on the moonshine or smoking funny stuff.

We couldn't come up with any explanation except for UFO's.

Never seen any thing like it before or since.

So I tend to believe other folks storys on the subject.

Its the nut behind the butt, that counts.

IP Logged

ryansonghurst
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
.threeoeight wrote on Jun 27th, 2015 at 2:46am:
Myself and two mates were coming home in the dinghy across the inlet at 3.00 am in the morning when we saw 3 different bright star like lights zooming around the sky. At times they would come together then whisk across the sky in no pattern.

For twenty mins we were watching them absolutely gob smacked.

No we hadn't been on the moonshine or smoking funny stuff.

We couldn't come up with any explanation except for UFO's.

Never seen any thing like it before or since.

So I tend to believe other folks storys on the subject.

I have also seen the same thing with my girlfriend, was near a big body of water also (lake sumner), put the shits right up us as there was definately something not normal about the way these lights moved and interacted with each other

IP Logged

Pete

The huntings not over
till the pluckings done

Reply #4 - Jun 28th, 2015 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Goat007 wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:16pm:
This is a true story that my parents told us years ago. Happened in Wanganui,in the Mangiati Valley, up the Kaurarapaoa Road some 45-50 years ago. Deer prices were at a all time high and Dad would shoot 2-4 deer every weekend, spotlighting with Mum on the Light, and earn same if not more than his wage at the Abbys. Time was approx 10pm and they were just heading into the block, 150 yards in from the road on the most darkest night possible. They were walking quietly along using only a hand torch as were still 200-300 yards away from where they would normally spotlight. Dad stopped and started gazing around as it was getting lighter and lighter and torch was not even needed to see any more. This carried on for next 15-20 seconds until it was near daylight with entire valley clear as with visability like it was lunchtime! There was a rushing sound described like a high speed car passing but no actual noise just a massive disturbance of air. Mum said all the hair was standing up on back of her neck and she was shivering uncontrollably. They both state they never actually saw anything pass but both knew something had and it was real fast. As quick as the area was lite up it slowly faded to absolute darkness again so Dad went to turn the torch back on but it wouldnt go. He then tried to turn on the spotlight which also wouldnt go. He fumbled around in his pack and found spare batteries for torch but they wouldnt work and were also dead flat. The only light they had was Dads old gas lighter so they stumbled and tripped their way back the 150 yards back to the car only to find the battery was shot in car also and would not go! End result was a buggered spotlight battery and car battery as both were completely shot and needed replacing. All the torch batteries were also completely dead also. I still own my now deceased Dad's watch and it is still set on 10.03 where it stopped - he never reset it as even if wound up it didnt go anyway.

Had the same thing happen to myself and another family camping in the longwoods many years ago,glad I had a witness as the mates wife seen heard it to.Didnt have problems with battery's but it was a white light screeming down the valley over head

IP Logged

vorno
Donor Member

Don't blink

Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 1:07am
Print Post  
BUMP - anymore interesting stories? I like hearing tales like this!

...As for me, when I was in Sweden I was star gazing in Kiruna I think it was (Most northern town in Sweden up in the arctic circle). As I recall, it was 0000-0200hrs and most of the stars were normal, however some were not.
Some of the stars went from being normal to glowing bright and then disappearing altogether - no moving or zooming across, just glowing and disappearing.

A very strange occurrence but apparently quite regular there. Not sure of the explanation though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards