Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) hauraki gulf reports (Read 46284 times)
parkercraft

it dosen't leak (any faster
than i can bail)

Re: hauraki gulf reports
Reply #60 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:30am
Print Post  
1st day of my holidays so i launched at westhaven as the sun came up and chuggedout into the harbour  stpped just out from the marina anddriffted on the incomming got a few nibbles then looked around to find i was nearly on the seawall chugged out to the channel and drifted under the bridge caught a few small leagle snaps then anchord by the reef of watchmans island caught  a couple more while i got the burly sorted best fish of the trip turned up and i thought better not lift thisone in so while i tried to sort the landing net the bugger spat the hook then i desided the big bait was floating to high so i added more weight and chucked it back a few stolen baits and throwbacks later the ledger rig went of i just sarted pulling that in when the big bait went off shit cranked in the ledger rig droppeda small snapper in the bottom of the boat to deal with later grabed the small rod with the big bait and draged in the best fish of the trip this time i had my shit together and he slid buitifulyinto the net Smiley Smiley i figgerd i had enough work to do when i got home so i pulled the pin with most of a burrly bomb a fair bit of bait and most of my gas left best monday ever 6 snaps 31 31 33 33 37 45 yum

IP Logged

pyro

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #61 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Northern gulf this morning on the change of light picked up a nice ky on the troll then headed out to 35m, strong bites but small fish; had a great fishy feel though.
Mate picked up a string  pulling ky just as I threw out a bait which was nailed just under the surface. Initially I spoke bought it was a another ky with the run pattern, just as I got comfortable the rod buckelled over and it was as on for the next 10 mins on the little story ft bait gear. Resulting in a nice mid 80s Kingi.

IP Logged

parkercraft

than i can bail)

Reply #62 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 3:38am
Print Post  
thought i better get out for a fish before i had to rename the boat gnome because its a frigen lawn ornament sat on the pontoon at westhaven until it was light enough to go (no nav lights) and putted out to watchmans and burlied into the reef  one nice kahiwi to help the bait situation and a pair of snaps to justify the trip 36 ,38 tasty

IP Logged

parkercraft

than i can bail)

Reply #63 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 12:14am
Print Post  
out to watchmans island  for the last of the flood tide feed little snaps came home with one keeper 36 cm

IP Logged

QUACKERS
Forum Font

DUCK FEVER NEVER DIES.

Reply #64 - Dec 28th, 2018 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Heading out sunday off near rakino see how it goes

IP Logged

sidelock
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #65 - Mar 22nd, 2020 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
We got a few good snapper yesterday and the odd kingfish.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards