Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dog got in the first aid kit. (Read 2875 times)
HuntGatherRepeat
Donor Member

Big Lake Country

Dog got in the first aid kit.
Jan 13th, 2014 at 8:49am
Print Post  
So the dog got into the first aid kit and there are ibuprofen tablets scattered about. Not sure how many he ate. Trying to get a hold of the vet now. Any thoughts on what to do for future reference?

If all else fails, read the instructions.

IP Logged

ethos
Ex Member

Re: Dog got in the first aid kit.
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Id be making him vomit if I found out within an hour, preferably within half an hour.
You can make a dog vomit often quite easily by dosing him with washing soda crystals, as big a chunk or small handful as you can get down "comfortably". I think you can buy it at the supermarket. Should work within a few minutes. Its best not to keep dosing them if its not working as you can make them quite crook - get them to the vet and we will cheat and use another secret recipe.

Note: do not confuse "washing soda" with "caustic soda", never use caustic soda.

A salty water drink can sometimes induce vomiting but not as reliably.

IP Logged

HuntGatherRepeat
Donor Member

Big Lake Country

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Cheers Ethos. Went ahead and took him to the vet and got to watch him puke up his dinner along with some other random bits that labs think is food. Didn't see any of the meds in there but I guess better safe than sorry. What kind of washing soda crystals are you referring to? The clothes washing stuff?

If all else fails, read the instructions.

IP Logged

alan and sunny
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2015 at 10:40pm
Print Post  

A salty water drink can sometimes induce vomiting but not as reliably.
[/quote]

The Salty water worked a treat on my mrs. She got home from a bender and was feeling crook already.
I gave her a glass of "warm water" to drink before bed and when she realised it was loaded with salt it was already on the way back up.

There was a bit of cursing but the next day was a bit easier for her

IP Logged

day in lew
Donor Member

the worst day fishing
is always better than
work

Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2015 at 11:43am
Print Post  
and you are game enough to put this post about your  misses up.think you may need the vet if she sees this.dam I would not mine would .........me if she saw this.alan and sunny

IP Logged

alan and sunny
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #5 - Sep 7th, 2015 at 12:36am
Print Post  
She thanked me the next morning. She still thinks she's 20 and hasn't learnt how to control her drinking. But I'm lucky that she doesn't check this board  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards