Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic pre season frenzy (Read 1763 times)
7mil Jim

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

pre season frenzy
Sep 17th, 2013 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Gidday all,
I 've been tying up a storm in anticipation of the new season.
Really enjoying using some new materials I've bought in the last year.
I got a assorted box of synthetic dubbing with 12 different colours covering greens, browns to grey.
Also came across a sale online of utc wire and picked up a bunch of different colours.

I rarely stray away from the hare & copper or pheasant tail combo when fishing, but have at least started tying them in a variety of different colours. Trying to have a good mixture between natural colours and those with a bit more flash and bling.

A bunch of rubber leg ,tung beads # 12
[url]
P9120044 by JLP80, on Flickr[/url]

#14 tung beads
[url]
P9180056 by JLP80, on Flickr[/url]

I did try my hand at tying Humpy's using green or brown dubbing for the body ,looking forward to beetle season come november. Haven't quite got the hang of splitting the deer hair wings, but I reckon these should do the trick- all #12.

[url]
P9120049 by JLP80, on Flickr[/url]

Getting busy with the utc wire creating these wee beasties in #16 for the fussy fish. Also can see the pheasant tails in side of picture using a variety of colour in body and wire.
[url]
P9120047 by JLP80, on Flickr[/url]

Bring on the season!

IP Logged

duck-kila
Forum Senior

to  hunt and fish

Re: pre season frenzy
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2013 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Nice ties.

oh and a way we go
IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: pre season frenzy
Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Check out Chris Dore's advice about his Glister nymphs. Simplicity and certainly very resistant to trout teeth.Nice flies bro. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards