Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic pig hunting bikes (Read 919 times)
Forum Senior

blah blah

pig hunting bikes
Jun 6th, 2013 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
I hunt quite a few forestry tracks and roads been thinking about getting a cheap mountain bike and making either a side car type platform that is removable so I can lift over gates and the like,or a trailer type set up I remember on hunting aoteroa  few years back there was a guy in rotarua using one any one else ues this sort of thing? got any pics?

IP Logged

Ben
Ex Member

Re: pig hunting bikes
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
100cc scooter with trail tyres works well, light enough to pick up and lift over gates. just make the dogs run along side.

IP Logged

woodvillehunter
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2013 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Ive got a mountain bike i use somestimes harder work than walking but can cover more ground and quiet petrol power would be easier

IP Logged

Josh H

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2013 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
It's a good way to hunt, I use a horse mostly now but I think I use to have more success off the road on the push bike. Just put the pig over the handle bars and tie its back legs down to the back forks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards