Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sticky Topic Youth Fishing Competition (Read 3614 times)
Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Youth Fishing Competition
Mar 21st, 2013 at 3:40am
Print Post  
Hi All,
A while ago I was interviewed by Ginger Gorman on the ABC (Australian) Sunday radio about why we go flyfishing. The show was a tribute to her  farther who was a keen fly fisherman and was very ill at the time.
He has since passed on and Ginger has sent a box of her fathers flies out for me to give away. He purchased them while here in NZ and they are all new. About $150.00 worth and in a nice strong new flybox.
I think it would be great for a young angler setting out into flyfishing to get these as sort of a parting gift from an elderly angler to a new generation.
So If you are under 12 and beginning to flyfish add a post here about the things you have already enjoyed in learning to flyfishand about fly fishing.. Ill get Ginger Gorman to pick one...... a photo of you fishing would also be good..
I will also add in a number of flies as a second prize...
So get to it....

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
IP Logged

SIKADDICTION.
Forum Font

Addicted to Sika hunting

Re: Youth Fishing Competition
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2013 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Hi Alan, do you still have the flies, i have a 11yr and 13yr old nephews that come fishing with me a fair bit lately as well as there first Sika hunt.
Im sure they would appreciate the fly s if you still have them.

S.A  Wink

IP Logged

galway
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Youth Fishing Competition
Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Nice touch Alan. May the man rest in peace.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards