Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Maxtoch SN6X-2 upgrade soon.... (Read 409010 times)
mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Maxtoch SN6X-2 upgrade soon....
Reply #2475 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Very hard to nail down anything exChina. New lamp in Quality control testing now at factory - detail not yet available

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2476 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Got an 8 last night and it got me by opening up my palm to the bone. Does not pay to jump on a live stag which has its front shoulders busted by 2 53gr Barnes but missing vitals.Leaving your gun on the opposite side of the gorge may have seemed a good idea at the time thinking it was dead and your son only has the knife.

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Reply #2477 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
@Mudgripz I am keen to order one of the archers so that I have a more compact alternative to me existing m24.  Should I get the Archer M1 or the Archer M2?

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #2478 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Well guys - several months since I posted this thread about selling the product in NZ.  Today an important message...

As of this week I will no longer sell the Maxtoch gear.  The buyer situation will revert to what it was few months ago e.g. buying direct from China on aliexpress, or locally if something suitable appears on trademe.  The product as all users/owners will know is amazing, the individual buying experience from aliepress is good, but Brian (gadgetman) and I have found the ethical behaviour of this company in a business relationship to be very poor. We'll not bother with it.  Sales have been great, and its been a real pleasure dealing with guys on the site - but we will go no further with this Chinese company.  No further comment there.

Key points for you:

*  The gear is amazing - continue to use and enjoy it. We certainly will.
*  Brian will continue to service Maxtochs bought in the past - including everything sold through me - so long as parts are still available.
* He will however not be servicing any new Maxtoch sales in NZ or from other sellers from this time.  Maxtoch will likely try to set up their own service agent, and if you buy more lights you must enquire first, from aliexpress or whosoever sells lights to you, if they carry a proper minimum 3 year service warranty.  You need to know this, and who will back them. Brian has been servicing even original Maxtochs 8 years old - but from now you must know the service backing with any Maxtoch you buy.  Hopefully they'll sort out a service arrangement quickly.
*  Can't advise anything on new LR lamps etc - we haven't had effective answers.
* Brian and I will continue to be available for any/all questions about product and what suits your shooting situation etc...as before.

We'll be seriously enjoying the Maxtoch gear once the Cantab hills dry out and we can get back out there.  Enjoy yours - there is nothing better!!  And yet...

A quiet word  Smiley ...   Maxtoch are the world's best hunters at the moment ... but ... in the last week we've already started designing a new generation of hunter lights - well beyond even the latest Maxtochs. Want to push those boundaries to whole new places.  Won't be quick - will take a while.  The whiteboard is covered in drawings, the physics is being assessed, and Brian has to get his lathe out to make ali prototypes..  Would be nice to do it all in NZ - ali heads/tubing work etc - we'll see.  Important point here is NO your new Maxtochs will not become obsolete - their performance is good for 10 years - even a lifetime if parts available.    But once again... the new cometh..   Smiley

Been an absolute pleasure dealing with all the guys - for both of us.  Keep in touch - and remember - may not be selling now but any questions we're always happy to help.

Cheers Mike

IP Logged

gadgetman
Donor Member

Slow down, I'm getting
there!

Reply #2479 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Looking forward to the new chapter.

If you don't know what you're doing, how will you know when you've finished it?

IP Logged

XRhunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Reply #2480 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Bugger. That's an unfortunate situation mudgripz. After all that R&D you and gadgetman have undertaken.
My sister does $$$$$$$ of manufacturing in China. And even at that level they got taken to the cleaners. It took the hiring of people nastier than the nasty people the ratbags hired, to get a half decent outcome.

Hope your new venture comes through. We know the product. You know we'll buy them  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #2481 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Thanks XR

Enjoy the Maxtochs!!  Next generation lights will use best of them as start point.  Already deciding on lights we want and will take time - so did the Maxtochs - but we know how to build next generation.  Fun thinking about it..  Again will be hobby before its  business.  And yes you'll know...

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #2482 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
MATE THAT SUCKS.....really sucks....good luck with new venture.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #2483 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Don't worry Micky - we're already enjoying the new design ideas. A new page ... but a new generation of lights.  Maxtochs are the best all-purpose hunter lights on the planet right now - but - if we get properly motivated the new concepts are already well beyond them.  We'll see  Smiley

IP Logged

Deer hunter Duck Shooter
Forum Senior

Reply #2484 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 6:53am
Print Post  
gadgetman wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 6:43pm:
Looking forward to the new chapter.

We all are, I loved it when people say the have a bright touch,  I will say let's have a look then usually turn my maxtoch on on the low setting.
Once they where suitably impressed I would be "oh I have it on the low setting.
Always funny.
I look forward to what comes next.
Thank you.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #2485 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Grin Grin   very common story.

Fact is we chose Maxtoch as an unknown chinese light company 8-9 years ago to develop designs - they knew nothing of hunter lights.  And its no problem to pick another torch producer, or do it ourselves. If we keep motivated and push it, this next generation of hunter lights will be a bit different and alot higher performance...getting interesting. Will take time, but we'll see...  Smiley

In the meantime the Maxtochs are the best - that's it.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2486 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
mudgripz wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:34am:
Grin Grin   very common story.

Fact is we chose Maxtoch as an unknown chinese light company 8-9 years ago to develop designs - they knew nothing of hunter lights.  And its no problem to pick another torch producer, or do it ourselves. If we keep motivated and push it, this next generation of hunter lights will be a bit different and alot higher performance...getting interesting. Will take time, but we'll see...  Smiley

In the meantime the Maxtochs are the best - that's it.

Whatever you say about Trump he is the only president who has challenged the Chinese about intellectual property theft. Many of the developing nations and more advanced have also clicked about how the chinese rip off everybody . Dont call the Malaysians stupid but they pulled the pin.The NYT had a very good article on it. The Chinese are pumping 132 billion into their economy to keep it going.Comes a time when even cockroaches get a hiding.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #2487 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
One quick thought - an email from Maxtoch suggests they may do future servicing in China, which means for any new lights you might have to courier them over there and back for any running repairs/replacements.  That's not ideal for local buyers and I do hope they change to a local service agent. Just be aware of this when buying new - am also not sure if its a full 3 year warranty is offered. A little thought needed when you buy now - here or off aliexpress..

Seriously looking forward to getting back out into hills with new 243.  Up against the mountains here tailing doesn't finish till late October.  Picked up a Marlin XS7, suppressed, with $200 of ammo for $600!!  Then in range test it shot repeatable 0.5-0.7" groups at 100m with its heap of Federal Powershok 80gr, and 0.7" with some Highlands 100gr.  Shocked  That's good for factory ammo.  Chopped it to 19" and ready to go with 2X setup - ideal for a few LR bunnies, piggies and the occasional red. Mmmm...

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #2488 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
I see the sword...is for sale from retailer via trademe.....didnt take long....never mind,you have plan and are moving forward...Im sure I can speak for the rest when I say you have our custom and support.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #2489 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Thanks MD Smiley

XSword not a hunter light at all - shouldn't be sold as such. 

We had one to test and gave it away. Its a low lumen output, tiny pencil beam laser diode unit - no good at all for kiwi hunting. Good for playing Darth Vader sword games or shining at incoming aeroplanes if that's your evening hobby ...Avoid.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards