Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Maxtoch SN6X-2 upgrade soon.... (Read 404282 times)
mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Maxtoch SN6X-2 upgrade soon....
Reply #2460 - Jun 24th, 2019 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Yes

IP Logged

mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #2461 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Just a quick clarification boys on Maxtoch guarantees.  The written guarantee for Maxtoch lights is one year covering replacement parts and labour 'if problem caused by normal use', then lifetime for parts so long as available. In effect Brian covers both parts and labour free for as long as we have bits. That's just goodwill - extra we are happy to do...

With regard to head screws on the 2X model, I have spoken to both Amanda and Brian and there is no other record of Maxtoch 2X heads detaching when dropped - and that's over a huge number of lights.  Nonetheless - the 2Xs come out now with heavier screws.  Toma you mention you have dropped the light getting out of a truck causing damage, and the same thing had happened before. And Kiwi - you mention you dropped a torch from 3m ceiling height. I've just completed role as construction manager managing 80-100 new house builds a year - plus all involved trade companies - so am very well aware of possible equipment issues. Tool accidents can occasionally happen. My advice in this case is use the holster carefully if carrying light on belt. It will not detach if velocro'd in place - for normal use. If however you are working at odd angles causing holster to rip open, then secure light in some other way.

Guys - I'd also suggest taking care of these Maxtochs.  They are a special bit of electronic/optic lens kit and it is best to treat them more as you would a scope etc.  For site work I use a $10 cheapie.. doesn't matter if I drop it. I've dropped my Maxtochs from the truck hunting 2-3 times, but always on grass, and with no damage.

Brian will cover these repairs for you both, and Toma, Amanda says she has also offered you a new XPro at half price. Thats a helluva good deal. But from this time - please note warranty is for normal use only, and secure lights carefully if working at odd angles which cause repeated drops, or drops from heights. We will do our bit and alot more for the hunters - but we need you to do yours.  Mike

IP Logged

Toma-Duck

Reply #2462 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
great service in both NZ and China. Great torches. Maxtoch NZ services should be charging out to cover time thatís for sure. 40hrs a week on the holster getting in and out of cars was the explanation the first time. Second time was more just bad luck. Feeling pretty unlucky if no one else has had the same issue...

Torch now lives in the soft case full time....

Seriously tho, is there anyway that it could be welded up? Wud need to take all the electrical stuff out of it first I suppose? Experts?

New Xpro sounds great many thanks for the good service will be writing up my reviews as thanks.

IP Logged

Toma-Duck

Reply #2463 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
PS, still really impressed with the Archer light and H01 head light. Mean bits of kit.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #2464 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Won't be welding 2X head - yours are the only two cases of head detaching from untold lights produced. Very reliable light. Head must remain screwed so Brian can change circuit boards if needed.

Key is look after the lights - on the job or off it. If you are twisting them out of the holster and dropping them repeatedly when working, then change the way you carry them - same with any piece of equipment on the job.  Not a Maxtoch QC issue - this is about caring for the tools. Big part of our job. Get the light into Brian and he'll fix it again - but after that it is on you.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #2465 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Does anyone happen to know of an easy - or any way - to put photos on this site. Used to use photobucket years ago but can't find method now...

Thanks - new Maxtoch LR headlamp photo..

IP Logged

ChrisHB
Forum Senior

Reply #2466 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 8:03am
Print Post  
I use VGY.me Mike
Effectively the same and still free

IP Logged

mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #2467 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Thanks Chris - I was talking to Maxtoch again about electronic earmuffs. They mention they are looking at a new upgrade pair from the ones you tested. If they emerge I'll shoot some up for you to have a look at. Cheers Mike

IP Logged

XRhunter
Donor Member

Reply #2468 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Hey Mudgripz,
how likely is it that we'll lose access to Maxtoch come October 1st when the Govt requires all online sellers to become tax collectors for the CoL?? Threads on other forums suggest that Aliexpress have stated they will simple not sell to NZ based customers when that requirement kicks in???
I feel a spending spree coming on Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #2469 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 11:05am
Print Post  
No problem there XR ... as of this month I  am selling the Maxtochs in NZ.  They've been asking me for years, so after designing them for yonks with Brian, am now sell all the kiwi hunter models.  These include:

* XPro Hunter (18650 or 21700 batteries)
* 2X Shooter
* M24 Sniper
* New M1 Archer
* HO1R camper headlamp
* New Maxtoch charger set with wall/usb/car adaptors
* Maxtoch 3500mAh 18650 batteries
* Maxtoch 5000mAh  21700 batteries for XPro
* Remote for M1, M24, 2X
*  Sets of mounts (small scope rail plus quick release ring)
* New LR 550 long range headlamp - still in production - medium size, 540m range   Shocked

Selling very fast. Trying to catch up again with Alan to finalise selling on this site but yes you can PM me for product info.

New baby Maxtoch, the M1 Archer arrived here 2 days ago.  Brian and I tuned this as a 22 light - and its a wee ripper. Very small at 145mm and 135gms, but huge 800m output - down to 575m after 3 minute timer. Low mode ideal for possums too. We like this wee one... Rugerman tested a prototype recently and we've made some changes to get it right. Mmmm - gadget and I both grabbed one  Smiley

Would put photos up but having trouble with this process for some reason..

IP Logged

X-POACHER-YEAH RYT
Donor Member

Have you ever hunted Middle
Earth?

Reply #2470 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 11:28am
Print Post  
You guys deserve to make a little coin for your past design efforts.  Smiley  I can't be bothered with the , even minor hassle of importing items from the overseas internet sellers. Mind you, it was a considerable hassle, when I "imported"  Shocked Roll Eyes  "The Little Brown Shadow " ten plus years ago.  Grin
Back on to lights, will spread the word when your sales address is finalised, can do with 2 or 3 more torches myself  Cheesy

Get as close as you can, then get a bit closer.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #2471 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 11:34am
Print Post  
All good Poach - Alan working on the sell idea today so will happen quickly.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #2472 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Ok thanks Alan - hope guys can find the big Maxtoch thread and the new Maxtoch enquiries thread

Thanks mike

IP Logged

mudgripz
Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #2473 - yesterday at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Ok guys - the new Maxtoch LR (approx 550m) range headlamp will be available for me in 1-2 weeks.  Already many orders - let me know if anyone wants one.

This is latest kiwi/maxtoch design - nothing like this one. Medium weight at about 280gms including 2 x 18650 batteries, one button control - an on off switch with infinitely variable mode choice - like a dimmer. Very simple, very cool.

Range at round 550m is far beyond other headlamps eg Led Lenser H14 (300m), and XEO19 (300m).  Its much lighter and a fraction of the price - exact cost coming.  Also has very good beam balance - long throw plus good spill - and excellent colour tint (CRI) - ideal for hunting.

PM me if keen - Mike

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards