Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Maxtoch SN6X-2 upgrade soon.... (Read 390558 times)
mudgripz
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Maxtoch SN6X-2 upgrade soon....
Reply #2415 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
True ... uncertain how laser tech would handle big recoil - you wouldn't know till you tried it.  It might ....... Shocked Shocked be what you want where very narrow beam required, but in my view the XPro or 2X are alot better than the Xsword.  Gadget and I found no real hunter use for it. 

Sako can comment about the XPro for deer... he's done some field testing.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2416 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
No I cant because I dont have a spoon. Grin Out tonite with 2X. The XPRO is what you want.Hopefully have another outing on the XPRO at the end of the month. All my shooters love the XPRO because of that narrow clear beam to the deer. It is really an upgrade on the 2X which is no slouch. Wink

IP Logged

robo819

Reply #2417 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
10-Ring wrote on Apr 9th, 2019 at 5:07pm:
I haven't read through all of the previous pages so maybe the answer to my question is there.

Has anyone tried the MAXTOCH Xsword L2K particularly the model with the warm yellow light?

I did a full review on the Xsword (warm white one) , complete with still photos and beamshots from 55 meters all the way out to 1450 meters. Also run time , lumens and amperage charts , as well as live video footage outdoors (2X compared to Xsword in that footage also)........... http://budgetlightforum.com/node/63012

I agree with Muddy that the 2X is better suited for a hunter light .... unless you are using the Xsword strictly to target the animal that you want to shoot , because there is NO spill and a super tight hotspot , making it almost impossible to scan a large area with the Xsword. As far as the throw of the Xsword it will reach out and touch something in that tight hotspot well over a mile , as demonstrated in the review beamshots. The water tower shot was the farthest I could get a straight line of sight on at the time , but I have shined a barn at 1.4 miles (2250 meters) with decent light on it to see the barn and surroundings looking through binoculars.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2418 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 7:49am
Print Post  
The constraining issue is how far you can positively identify anything at that fartherest range. We had that problem last night. Better be safe than sorry.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2419 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Excellent review David. The beam shots on the barn at 155 yards show the difference in beam type between 2X and this XSword. Hope you find a use for it... Smiley

IP Logged

robo819

Reply #2420 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 12:15am
Print Post  
mudgripz wrote on Apr 11th, 2019 at 8:28pm:
Excellent review David. The beam shots on the barn at 155 yards show the difference in beam type between 2X and this XSword. Hope you find a use for it... Smiley

Thanks Muddy.

The main use I have found for the Xsword is using it for a toy to go out and play with and to make people say WOW......lol

I think it is amazing that a 500 lumen flashlight can put that kind of light on a target so far away though. I would love to see something like the Xsword developed that had a wide enough beam to use for hunting , search and rescue and the likes.

IP Logged

robo819

Reply #2421 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 12:21am
Print Post  
sako wrote on Apr 11th, 2019 at 7:49am:
The constraining issue is how far you can positively identify anything at that fartherest range. We had that problem last night. Better be safe than sorry.

I totally agree Sako. I started hunting at a young age myself and I never pulled the trigger on anything I was not 100% sure what I was shooting at and what is beyond that target is also important.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2422 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Had a good gander at that vid. Just realised it would be excellent for tight pine work . Need some more coin. Will have to wait because the Ackley is the next tool required then we can really ping off tia. Top vid. The comparisons were terrific info. Wink

IP Logged

10-Ring
Donor Member

Reply #2423 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Excellent review robo819. Thanks.

‘the price of freedom is eternal vigilance’

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2424 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
2 fatties did not stick around when we swung light on them last night. Maybe too much Murupara on them both from God and LED.The moon was getting well and truly covered as we got home @ 2am.

IP Logged

robo819

Reply #2425 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Thanks guys..... always glad to do the reviews , especially when they can help make a more educated decision than just looking at a web page and the listed statics from the manufacturer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards